Likes Likes:  32
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: H2o Hydra, formerly Helberg CH10 = Awesome

H2o Hydra, formerly Helberg CH10 = Awesome

I'm really excited about the latest pre-order from H20 watches the Hydra (formerly called the Helberg CH10). There is a long thread on this at the old place but I haven't seen any talk about it here. The 44mm case is grade 5 Titanium brushed or DLC coated or bronze. Dials come in black or bronze and you can choose any combination of bronze, Ti, or DLC bezels, and crowns. You also have the choice of a flat crystal or a vintage style domed crystal. The movement is a Unitas 6497 hand winder and the bezels are double sided so you can flip them over and have something different on the other side. All this and the pricing starts at 700 euro without VAT!

This watch checks all the right boxes for me. I wanted a Panerai inspired watch without the Pam pricing and the Ti case should wear nicely especially considering it's only 10.3mm thick with the flat crystal. I'm going for triple black and will also spring for a brushed Ti bezel. All the details are here: http://www.h2o-watch.com/pre-order/h...pre-order.html

Name:  H20 Hydra all black.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  52.8 KB

Pretty sweet. Like the black DLC one.

Clean dial and very classy for a diver.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

I can see the appeal, but wouldn't want to plonk my money down on the basis of renderings (if that's what they are).

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I can see the appeal, but wouldn't want to plonk my money down on the basis of renderings (if that's what they are).
    Why is that? H20 has put out many high quality watches that started life as renderings.

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Why is that? H20 has put out many high quality watches that started life as renderings.

I don't doubt the quality, but I've seen too many watches that looked enticing in pre-production but less so in the metal.

6. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    SLC dial with cali bezel,add the movt of the common Panerai,nice...

8. Likes -JP liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I don't doubt the quality, but I've seen too many watches that looked enticing in pre-production but less so in the metal.
    My bigger complaint is changes made between the rendering stage and the actual production models. Usually the preorder is over before the final product is even shown and the boutique brands often don't nail down the final design and/or specs until after the customer has committed funds. I've been part of several preorders where something has changed not to my liking, so I am no longer playing that game regardless of how nice the renderings look.

10. Likes Der Amf, -JP liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    My bigger complaint is changes made between the rendering stage and the actual production models.

Yes, that too.

I LIKE THE LOOK OF THESE..Thanks for sharing
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    My bigger complaint is changes made between the rendering stage and the actual production models. Usually the preorder is over before the final product is even shown and the boutique brands often don't nail down the final design and/or specs until after the customer has committed funds. I've been part of several preorders where something has changed not to my liking, so I am no longer playing that game regardless of how nice the renderings look.
    That would REALLY tick me off if that happened to me and I couldn't receive a refund. H20 has gone through this process many times so I'm confident it the pre-order.

14. Likes -JP liked this post