Likes Likes:  143
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 on a personal level

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Unfortunately, many politicians ignore the effects even when they are right in our faces, and seem to enjoy denying the undeniable. Even more unfortunately, they influence others to adopt their behavior.
    And I wonder how many of those climate change denying politicians are getting kickbacks from the fossil fuel corporations for their ‘skepticism’. The executives of those fossil fuel corporations are fully aware that climate change is real and that it’s caused by human behavior. They’ve made the Faustian bargain to amass great personal wealth in return for denying the undeniable. Apparently their greed has blinded them to the fact that by doing so they are dooming their sons and daughters to a very bleak future indeed. The wealthy always believe their billions will protect them from the effects of their behavior, and a fair portion of the time they’re right. But in this instance they fail to understand the significance of the global part of global warming. When what you do affects the entire planet no amount of money will protect you from the consequences of your behavior.
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

Blog Entries
    I would say we do need to keep in mind that not all fires are started by global warming and lightning.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1305730178484592642

I have others, but as they are posted websites favoring gun ownership, I won't post them here.

Catalytic converters, cigarette butts, poorly-trained Boy Scouts...

The problem isn’t the ignition, it’s the rapid spread through tinder-dry vegetation.

4. Likes Strange, GaryF liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I think we've reached the point where further discussion will only lead to more discussion that will irritate many. I don't think that is the point of this thread.

Cheers!

So, health department called today and both tests of my son (and the rest of the class) were negative. He still has to stay at home till next Wednesday however. And I think there was another case in his school and another class is quarantined.
    We also had to change our plans for the autumn holidays. Wanted to go to Vienna but it has been declared a "risk area".
    Cheers, Sedi

7. Likes tribe125, mlcor, Raza liked this post
    We may be having a brush with it now. This past weekend my wife started having sinus issues (she has chronic allergy issues), a dry cough, and chest pain in the upper left quadrant that is now on both sides and feeling generally blah. They have a pregnant woman where she works so everyone is SUPER cautious about bringing any illness into the building so I got her to the doc right away on Monday. Her doc prescribed a cough med, a steroid, and an antibiotic, and did the COVID-19 nasal swab. Tomorrow will be 5 days and we hope to have the results. She hasn't had any of the other warning sign or symptoms such as fever, nausea, body aches, etc.

Then last night we noticed something. The dog decided she wanted to eat so she hopped into my wife's lap and started licking her face. I didn't know that earlier LuLu had vomited. Jeanette said "Oh LuLu you smell good" and thanked me for having washed LuLu's face, but I hadn't. I sniffed the pup and the odor was strong but Jeanette couldn't smell it. I had her try to smell a jar of pickles and a jar of strawberry jam and she couldn't smell anything, nothing at all. As you know a temporary loss of smell is a warning sign.

So far no one else in the house has any issues.
    Last edited by chuckmiller; Sep 18, 2020 at 04:08 PM.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

Best of luck with that, Chuck - and Mrs Chuck.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    We may be having a brush with it now. This past weekend my wife started having sinus issues (she has chronic allergy issues), a dry cough, and chest pain in the upper left quadrant that is now on both sides and feeling generally blah. They have a pregnant woman where she works so everyone is SUPER cautious about bringing any illness into the building so I got her to the doc right away on Monday. Her doc prescribed a cough med, a steroid, and an antibiotic, and did the COVID-19 nasal swab. Tomorrow will be 5 days and we hope to have the results. She hasn't had any of the other warning sign or symptoms such as fever, nausea, body aches, etc.

Then last night we noticed something. The dog decided she wanted to eat so she hopped into my wife's lap and started licking her face. I didn't know that earlier LuLu had vomited. Jeanette said "Oh LuLu you smell good" and thanked me for having washed LuLu's face, but I hadn't. I sniffed the pup and the odor was strong but Jeanette couldn't smell it. I had her try to smell a jar of pickles and a jar of strawberry jam and she couldn't smell anything, nothing at all. As you know a temporary loss of smell is a warning sign.

So far no one else in the house has any issues.

Oh no. Keep us posted and please take care.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    As you know a temporary loss of smell is a warning sign.

Uh oh. Do be careful, and wishing quick recovery and minimal effects, if it turns out to be what you think.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Blog Entries
    Yeppers, best of luck Chuck & Mrs. Chuck.