Likes Likes:  143
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 on a personal level

The elderly couple who lived next to my in-laws died of the virus. They were both over 80 and bedridden.
    An aunt and cousin (and her husband) live in one of the hotspots in Germany where a real curfew was in place - you were only allowed outside to do grocery shopping or walk the dog. But no one died.
    My stepdaughter had a strange stomach flu for weeks which might actually have been the virus as that can be the symptoms for young people. But we don't know unless she is tested of course.
    We are self isolating since early March now, when my son came back from skiing with the school. It felt like the eve of the apocalypse when we picked him up. He hasn't left the house since then. Luckily there is online gaming so he pretty much plays minecraft with his friends and shooters all day long.
    My wife leaves the house only for a little walk every now and then. I go shopping once a week. That's it. Apart from that I also stay in the house. But we both work from home, so it's not a big problem so far, as long as the companies we work for, don't go belly up.
    Last edited by Sedi; May 4, 2020 at 10:48 AM.
    Cheers, Sedi

My wife's uncle in NY passed away yesterday. We thought he was recovering some and suddenly his lungs went south.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    My wife's uncle in NY passed away yesterday. We thought he was recovering some and suddenly his lungs went south.

Sorry to hear that. I have read several accounts where it seems like somebody is getting better, then it gets much worse.

Sorry for your loss. I'll think happy thoughts for you.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    My wife is an urgent care doctor and has had known exposures, which means I probably have been exposed, too. She comes home leaving her shoes in the garage and racing to the shower. She takes her temp multiple times a day and there is no number high enough to quantify the number of times she washes her hands each day. She's exhausted.
    My wife woke up Friday with some of the symptoms so she got tested for COVID. Test was negative, and she's recovered and is back at work.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

6. Likes Sedi, Greg, skywatch liked this post
    My wife's grandfather died of the virus Saturday night. He was 84 but very healthy. Same scenario, he was getting a better, then not.

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    My wife's grandfather died of the virus Saturday night. He was 84 but very healthy. Same scenario, he was getting a better, then not.
    Sorry to hear that.

Florida is getting anxious to reopen everything before every small business is bankrupt. The medical side of the government says it is too soon and we will see an upturn in new infections. All I know is we are booked for Disney for Independence Day weekend.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

My condolences. Every death is a tragedy.

Blog Entries
    Condolences.