Likes Likes:  143
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 on a personal level

So he was just tested. Now we gotta wait. Until then, he'll do the usual "play games or watch animes all day"-routine. Not that he hasn't done enough of that during lockdown.
    Cheers, Sedi

How old is your son?

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

Cheers, Sedi

Look on YouTube for Smarter Every Day and Veritasium. These two guys post enough videos to keep him busy for weeks and he will learn about and see some amazing things.

5. Likes Sedi liked this post
    Blog Entries
    COVID-19 has been the hassle du jour for the last 7mos but around here it has recently been unseated from that lofty perch by the precipitous decline in the local air quality. With wildfires scorching the entire west coast the local AQI has been hovering in the mid-two hundreds for the last week and a half. I’ve been wearing a double canister respirator anytime I venture outside, which has been increasingly rare. A couple days ago I woke up at 5:00am and looked out the window. The sky was the most appalling orange. Long after sunrise the sky was still so dark it looked like midnight but with an otherworldly orange glow. It felt like being in some dytopian post-apocalyptic nightmare. It wasn’t until late afternoon that the sky was light enought to qualify as ‘daylight’ albeit a very orange daylight. Never seen anything like it.

I cannot imagine what people with respiratory illnesses are going through here. As horrible as COVID-19 is on it’s own it must be hell on earth with air like this. We have come to a pretty pass when you can no longer take your breathing for granted.
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

Strange, how many miles are you from the nearest fire?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    Strange, how many miles are you from the nearest fire?
    About 20.
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

Blog Entries
    Our challenge here on the US west coast has been not only dealing with fires in close proximity (which we have - I think Strange is nearby?) but also the smoke blowing from more distant fires. The famous red skies of San Francisco this week were caused by smoke from the Sierras, 300 km away. Oregon now has numerous fires as well, causing havoc in Portland and vicinity. Combined with Covid, this is getting exhausting. This was our back yard, on Tuesday:

Name:  BrownSky9Sep20Yard1sm.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  83.2 KB
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Our challenge here on the US west coast has been not only dealing with fires in close proximity (which we have - I think Strange is nearby?) but also the smoke blowing from more distant fires. The famous red skies of San Francisco this week were caused by smoke from the Sierras, 300 km away. Oregon now has numerous fires as well, causing havoc in Portland and vicinity. Combined with Covid, this is getting exhausting. This was our back yard, on Tuesday:

Name:  BrownSky9Sep20Yard1sm.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  83.2 KB
    What I'm talkin' about. Though the orange skies I saw were way oranger than that. If you look at sat photos of the west coast the amount of smoke in the air from WA to CA is appalling.
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

11. Likes skywatch liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    What I'm talkin' about. Though the orange skies I saw were way oranger than that. If you look at sat photos of the west coast the amount of smoke in the air from WA to CA is appalling.

It's not a competition anyone wants to win.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

13. Likes Strange liked this post