Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch Company Quirks

Watch Company Quirks

Sinn's oddly long tang pins. They virtually assure I'll wear my 656 for a few days straight because I'm certain chunks of the strap's lifespan are lost with each desperate struggle to unbuckle it.

Sinn tang pin (4X magnification):

Name:  Sinn Tang.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  20.2 KB

and these parts are on a watch ?

It looks like a motorbike kick stand

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    and these parts are on a watch ?

It looks like a motorbike kick stand
    I don't think so, but not coincidentally Sinn been the kickstand supplier for BMW's G650GS bikes since 2008. They offered a tegimented version in 2009 but due to high production costs it was discontinued after one year. Neither company will say what happened to the surplus.

4. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ljb187 View Post
    I don't think so, but not coincidentally Sinn been the kickstand supplier for BMW's G650GS bikes since 2008. They offered a tegimented version in 2009 but due to high production costs it was discontinued after one year. Neither company will say what happened to the surplus.
    What a lovely coincidence.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Nomos' lack of quickest date - you have to wind the time back and forth between 9 and 12 to advance a day.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Seiko - if you're poor you have to have a day window, only if you're rich do you get to escape the date.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Nomos' lack of quickest date - you have to wind the time back and forth between 9 and 12 to advance a day.
    Seriously? WTF Nomos?
    See, they're trying to steer you towards no date!

Also for Nomos.... Long lugs

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Seiko - if you're poor you have to have a day window, only if you're rich do you get to escape the date.
    Ummmm

Actually Hamilton seem very fond of long lugs too

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    Ummmm
    Why do you think I was buying a watch older than myself? Try finding a watch like that in their current catalogue

12. Likes scottjc liked this post