Likes Likes:  358
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: :<<<<<<<WRUW MONDAY JULY 6>>>>>>>:

:<<<<<<<WRUW MONDAY JULY 6>>>>>>>:

It's going to be Monday and no matter what watch I wear is going to change that.
    Maybe a nice lunch out will help
    Name:  30919-chase-albums-chase-misc-picture51081-image.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  56.8 KB

Blog Entries
    Tag Kirium - I have this because a friend essentially gave it to me broken, and I managed to find a replacement movement, which is the excellent discontinued ETA 251.262 with center minutes counter. Perfect smaller size for my tastes, I only wish it had better lume.

Last edited by skywatch; Jul 6, 2015 at 05:05 AM.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Still enjoying this one from yesterday... one of the purchase that i kind of regret at first but strongly grow i me.. i never intend to buy this model, but since i have to get replacement from another problematic seiko, it was my only option... i was gonna sell it, but decided to keep this watch.
    first i thought i can never pull it since it is 44mm.. 42 mm was my upper limit, but this one with curved lugs surely game changer... and it got drilled lugs.. nice for strap changing maniac like me... my only olive green dial watch.. and the movement on this one is pretty accurate for me (within +3 to 4 secs/day so far) and it handwind/hackable too compared to non one usually on older seiko 5.

here's a different perspective of how the lugs fit my 6,7" wrist..
    Name:  DSCN1424.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  46.7 KB

the down sides is, even the case was bead blasted, the area between the lugs are polished (i can live with it), and even though the lume on the hands are great, the dial only have 5 small dots lume on 12,2,4,6,8,10. (really tiny dots)

Name:  DSCN1425.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  54.2 KB

now i have no regret at all.. and i actually like it and will put it in my rotations =)
    Name:  DSCN1427.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  53.1 KB

have a great day everybody!

Constellation for me today, this will be my office watch for the week. I have it on a very dark grey perlon today, which suits it nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    first i thought i can never pull it since it is 44mm.. 42 mm was my upper limit, but this one with curved lugs surely game changer...
    I know what you mean, curved lugs can make all the difference in what you can wear. 42-43 is my comfort zone. I tried in Breitling Superocean Heritage a while back and could believe just how curved those lugs actually were. The 42 felt like a 38 on my wrist and I could believe how appropriate the 45mm version was. I never would have guessed that, especially with that watch. If I'd have ordered online sight unseen I would have got the 42 for sure - and then been greatly disappointed.

I didn't get one in any case but that's not the point.

7. Likes iyonk liked this post
    So happy to have finally finished this.

Last edited by scottjc; Jul 6, 2015 at 07:48 AM.
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

Quote Originally Posted by scottjc View Post
    So happy to have finally finished this.
    I can't judge sizes on your wrist - on you that looks quite compact - what's the width and the lug to lug?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I can't judge sizes on your wrist - on you that looks quite compact - what's the width and the lug to lug?

Width is 35mm, lug to lug is about 42mm although I haven't measured it exactly.
    You can try it on for yourself in a couple of weeks.
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

11. Likes Der Amf, iyonk liked this post

:&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;WRUW MONDAY JULY 6&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;:

Marine still

Alongside my father's 7337

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tempocalypse; Jul 6, 2015 at 11:02 AM.
    Instagram: @tempocalypse