Likes Likes:  12

Thread: who likes blue? 16613

rolex pic as answer guy mikeylacroix's Avatar

who likes blue? 16613

been a while since I pulled this out, yet everytime I do I have it on for ages.
    Was keen on a platinum YM and actually walked out of the shop with it..but this one just screamed out loud from the display cabinet.
    Put it on the wrist, what did it for me was how the 'curve' of the YM's lugs were just a bit too svelte
    That and I like gold

probably 1 of the best looking 2tone watches around

different lighting different look every time

the blue is stunning

i much prefer this version to the newer 116613

indigo almost!

bezel gives off this weird sheen thats super duper cool

very nice gold

back looks good

on a hirsch curved end waterproof leather

cool blue

wrist shot of course

Stunning watch indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by mikeylacroix View Post
    been a while since I pulled this out, yet everytime I do I have it on for ages.
    Too easy

Once again, a delightful set of pictures Mikey
    Loving the blue; but not so much the yellow gold. Remember seeing one in a jeweller's window about 20 years ago with a price tag of (IIRC) around £3,000...... If only I could get one for that price now
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

As I mentioned in the earlier WRUW thread, the combination with the blue strap is absolutely stunning! I'm generally not a fan of most two tone watches but I do like both the Blue and black dial subs (although maybe not for me).

I just got thinking that the blue strap combo also reminds me a bit of Ulysse Nardin. If I remember right you do like rather bold designs... you dont have a UN do you?
    Instagram: @tempocalypse

Gorgeous, but just not my style. I wish it was as it makes me drool every time I see one, in pictures and in real life.

-hayday
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Fantastic watch and outstanding pictures. Love the blue/gold combo.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

rolex pic as answer guy mikeylacroix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tempocalypse View Post
    As I mentioned in the earlier WRUW thread, the combination with the blue strap is absolutely stunning! I'm generally not a fan of most two tone watches but I do like both the Blue and black dial subs (although maybe not for me).

I just got thinking that the blue strap combo also reminds me a bit of Ulysse Nardin. If I remember right you do like rather bold designs... you dont have a UN do you?
    ya the blue strap works so well - especially coming from a bracelet guy like me
    I don't have a UN..but have always been looking at them - i quite like the GMT versions
    any that u dig?
    Last edited by mikeylacroix; Jul 7, 2015 at 03:11 AM.