Likes Likes:  76
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unexplainable watch habits

Unexplainable watch habits

OK, let's keep it clean...

Here's one of mine--when I come home after a work day, the first thing I will do is change into comfortable clothes and take off my watch. Yet, on weekends, I'll keep my watch on until bedtime. I have no idea why I do it differently on weekdays...

2. Likes BlackNomad, whatmeworry liked this post
    it has been several years that do this.. in the first day every month, i sync all my quartz to the second.. (and i have dozens of them.. so it take quite a while =)

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    OK, let's keep it clean...

Here's one of mine--when I come home after a work day, the first thing I will do is change into comfortable clothes and take off my watch. Yet, on weekends, I'll keep my watch on until bedtime. I have no idea why I do it differently on weekdays...
    At work, more than 50% of the time I'm carrying a pocketwatch. The rest of the time, I wear something on my wrist if there is a meeting/class/whatever that calls for a particular effect. In either event, when I get home, I usually change to an "around the house" beater of some sort.

The pocketwatch and the beater tend to rotate weekly. The "special event" WW is usually a one-day, one-shot deal.

Currently, it takes about 2 years to complete the rotation through the pocketwatches. The beater rotation is considerably faster. If I'm not careful, the "one-shot" WW choices tend to cluster and some are underutilized - I have to remind myself to bring out the less obvious choices from time to time.

Today is an ordinary workday, so this week's Waltham 645 is in the 5th pocket of my 501's. But, this evening there's a baseball game (and rain is always a possibility) so I'll be wearing my flashy Birmingham Barons Classic Watch (a Sparo officially recognized by MLB http://shop.mlb.com/category/index.j...oryId=28905496). Does it have any WR? Do I care? It has that rare and wonderful "Singapore movement", and was *almost* as expensive as my Russian diver...
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

Unexplainable watch habits
    I keep buying them !!

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    I keep buying them !!
    LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by KennethRSloan View Post
    At work, more than 50% of the time I'm carrying a pocketwatch.
    Baller!

I do the same, except that after changing into comfortable clothes I also change the watch (usually a quartz or something on a nato.. which most nights means a TSAR or a Citizen Ecodrive).

I also post pics of the watch I'm wearing everyday... in at least one forum and instagram. Weird
    Joe

Omega / Rolex / Oris / Citizen / Seiko / Alpina / G Shock

7. Likes geoffbot, whatmeworry liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by KennethRSloan View Post

Currently, it takes about 2 years to complete the rotation through the pocketwatches. The beater rotation is considerably faster. If I'm not careful, the "one-shot" WW choices tend to cluster and some are underutilized - I have to remind myself to bring out the less obvious choices from time to time.
    Yowzer!

Quote Originally Posted by jraul7 View Post

I do the same, except that after changing into comfortable clothes I also change the watch (usually a quartz or something on a nato.. which most nights means a TSAR or a Citizen Ecodrive).
    Yeah--don't know why I don't do that, for some reason, by the time I get home, I just prefer to be watchless. Maybe I have too much stress at work.

I don't get home until after midnight every day. That's when I swap on whatever I'm going to wear that following day or change straps etc, and since it has been sitting in the box I always give it a quick hit from the UV flashlight before going to bed.

If im really not tired yet sometimes I'll start making a strap, or work on one that's sitting on the bench.

11. Likes BlackNomad, iyonk, synequano liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    I don't get home until after midnight every day. That's when I swap on whatever I'm going to wear that following day or change straps etc, and since it has been sitting in the box I always give it a quick hit from the UV flashlight before going to bed.

If im really not tired yet sometimes I'll start making a strap, or work on one that's sitting on the bench.

"If you're not really tired yet??" Yikes, if I got home every day after midnight, I'd be too tired to take off my shoes, let alone my watch...

Yeah--don't know why I don't do that, for some reason, by the time I get home, I just prefer to be watchless. Maybe I have too much stress at work.
    Maybe you need some cute little vintage handwinds to destress with?

14. Likes mlcor liked this post