Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ***WRUW Thursday 14th May***

***WRUW Thursday 14th May***

Name:  DFA04F14-BBEE-4D4B-BD5B-D2FCA41DBC23.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  87.5 KB
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

Blog Entries
    I laugh at my stance from last decade that I didn't want to wear Rolex because it signaled messages about wealth and status that I don't like. I still don't want to show off with any watch that I wear. But now after years of collecting I end up with three Tudor-Rolex watches in my little hoard. I wore my other two most of this week (Kath's '66 Tudor OysterPrince and the '78 Air King), so it only makes sense to remind myself about my mercurial opinions with the other one - Tudor BB red ETA. The perfect color scheme seduced me and I melted about three years ago. No regrets.

Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Name:  1405.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  229.9 KB

Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    I laugh at my stance from last decade that I didn't want to wear Rolex because it signaled messages about wealth and status that I don't like. I still don't want to show off with any watch that I wear. But now after years of collecting I end up with three Tudor-Rolex watches in my little hoard. I wore my other two most of this week (Kath's '66 Tudor OysterPrince and the '78 Air King), so it only makes sense to remind myself about my mercurial opinions with the other one - Tudor BB red ETA. The perfect color scheme seduced me and I melted about three years ago. No regrets.
    A friend, who is not exactly into watches, once started a conversation explaining why he strongly dislikes Rolex, assuming I didn't own any. The arguments, irrelevant, are not hard to guess. As it happens I was wearing my polar Explorer II which, @ 42mm, is not invisible and he hadn't notice it. I thought it was better to keep my mouth shut and discretely enjoy an hilarious situation. It was a great fun, actually.

Watches are just things. I may be guilty of not taking this great hobby of ours too seriously...
    Last edited by CFR; May 14, 2020 at 07:16 AM.

Change for today

Name:  67B6819B-2DF8-491D-B87F-1761FE8822A1.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  66.5 KB

Going off this one a bit as the dial is going spotty. You can’t see it on the pictures, but there’s a spot just above the logo and between 2&3. Another spot is developing just right of the pinion and now there’s a patch growing between the 7&8!

and of course the guarantee is in another country and I can’t get to it....

I'd Schwarzkopf it daily, except I couldn't be bothered with the inevitable explanations...

Quote Originally Posted by FSM71 View Post
    Change for today

Going off this one a bit as the dial is going spotty. You can’t see it on the pictures, but there’s a spot just above the logo and between 2&3. Another spot is developing just right of the pinion and now there’s a patch growing between the 7&8!

and of course the guarantee is in another country and I can’t get to it....

Sorry to hear that.

Most unusual on a new watch. Sometimes the hands or the applied marks do get rusty, but problems with the dial are not that common, at least, not before a few decades of daily wear. I would email Montblanc explaining the situation; they may suggest a solution - with or without a warranty card, because that seems more like a manufacturing problem...

Good luck!
    Last edited by CFR; May 14, 2020 at 09:50 AM.

8. Likes JAGtime, FSM71 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Sorry to hear that.

Most unusual on a new watch. Sometimes the hands or the applied marks do get rusty, but problems with the dial are not that common, at least, not before a few decades of daily wear. I would email Montblanc explaining the situation; they may suggest a solution - with or without a warranty card, because that seems more like a manufacturing problem...

Good luck!
    Agreed. I was assuming a manufacturing error because the watch has had no exposure to water at all. Not even rainy weather (this is Saudi Arabia after all). When the marks first appearded, they were so faint I wasn't even sure they were there, let alone worth complaining about on an entry level watch. However, as more marks appear and the exisitng marks become more obvious, it's clearly developing. On such a clean, simple dial, it's really irksome.

I am hoping that if I go to the AD I bought it from they may have a record of the purchase. The service during the sales process was really top notch. I can't remember how long the guarantee was valid for though. If it was only 1 year, that would have expired last November. I am really keen on the smaller Orbis Terrarum (of which they still had stock the last time I checked.) If I decide to pull the trigger on that, I am hopng the purchase would serve as encouragement for them to look after me on this.
    I'd Schwarzkopf it daily, except I couldn't be bothered with the inevitable explanations...

10. Likes CFR, Henry Krinkle, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FSM71 View Post
    Agreed. I was assuming a manufacturing error because the watch has had no exposure to water at all. Not even rainy weather (this is Saudi Arabia after all). When the marks first appearded, they were so faint I wasn't even sure they were there, let alone worth complaining about on an entry level watch. However, as more marks appear and the exisitng marks become more obvious, it's clearly developing. On such a clean, simple dial, it's really irksome.

I am hoping that if I go to the AD I bought it from they may have a record of the purchase. The service during the sales process was really top notch. I can't remember how long the guarantee was valid for though. If it was only 1 year, that would have expired last November. I am really keen on the smaller Orbis Terrarum (of which they still had stock the last time I checked.) If I decide to pull the trigger on that, I am hopng the purchase would serve as encouragement for them to look after me on this.
    I wouldn't call any Montblanc product 'entry level' and even if it was, there's no excuse for such a basic mistake. However, in real life, these things happen. Your AD may be able to help you, but I wouldn't disclose a direct contact with the manufacturer. I've done it before (other brand, not Montblanc) and they were much more helpful than my AD, not to mention the local distributor, who was a complete imbecile.
    Last edited by CFR; May 14, 2020 at 10:54 AM.

12. Likes FSM71 liked this post
    Casio:
    Cheers, Sedi