Likes Likes:  254
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WRUW Friday 22nd. May

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    I really could be a one watch guy.

2. Likes gnuyork liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Tornado Warning wrist shot. Currently: Flash Flood Warning, Tornado Warning, Torrential Rains. Glad I got my Campfire/Reading done early today. (Glad the LLD is good to 30 Bar )

One advantage to my Ham Radio Hobby, I can listen in on the Storm Spotters. The Nasty stuff is a few miles southwest of us so we're fine at the house.

Blog Entries
    Unlike Spooky, only t-storms here. Wearing one of my faves...

Name:  IMG_7150.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  57.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    I think you're presently wearing a contender for the category of all around perfect watch. It's not what I would choose to wear with a tie, but you could easily get away with it if the watch was on a nice leather strap.

Yes, currently in my collection, the Hamilton is getting nearly all the wrist time, as it's just great. I have had it on a vintage style leather strap and it looks great, but lately for summer I have it on a gray NATO, which is ideal.

My tastes change (quite often it seems), and lately I like simpler watches, and it seems to be sticking... a watch that can do everything...the Hamilton is almost, but just not quite it, as you mentioned I wouldn't wear it with a suit... but I think a DJ could be worn with a suit or Khakis and a t-shirt, or even shorts and sandals. Of course, and nice JLC or Patek would be best for a suit (in my opinion) but if I had just one watch, the DJ would be an ideal all arounder. I'd prefer a vintage 1601 over something newer, and for new, I like the less blingly OP 39 (with white dial). I also very much like the Exp (prefer 36mm), but I still give the nod to the DJ or OP for a more all around one-watch type.

Here's the Hamilton on a strap:

6. Likes hayday, Greg, Dan R, CFR, crownpuller, Strela167 liked this post
    It's still a mighty nice watch. I want one, but there are several others already in the "to buy" queue.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

8. Likes gnuyork liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Yes, currently in my collection, the Hamilton is getting nearly all the wrist time, as it's just great.
    Same with mine. I could very easily wear nothing but it. Currently it's easier at work to stick an all resin gshock in hot soapy water and wash it so I havent been wearing the hamilton to work very often.

10. Likes gnuyork liked this post