Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Missing

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    That discussion happened in January, shortly after I wrote to Seriously.

None of the moderators expect to see something similar happening in the future.
    Yep.

Jeannie
    Last edited by Jeannie; May 27, 2020 at 02:28 AM.
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    That discussion happened in January, shortly after I wrote to Seriously.

None of the moderators expect to see something similar happening in the future.
    Ditto.

If we ban Geoff for a day can we get Seriously back?

-- Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    If we ban Geoff for a day can we get Seriously back?
    Nah, he never flashed his legs.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

5. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    It sounds like he took the return kidding too seriously. and at 17,000+ posts he also may have reached the end of his run here and lost interest.

In my line of work I had to learn to deal with all kinds of personalities and those that can dish it out but can't handle getting it back never last forever in any environment before something makes them want to walk away.
    Last edited by chuckmiller; May 28, 2020 at 02:50 AM.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    Geoff, I don't know (nor do I need to) what exactly was going on between you two, but you shouldn't use your admin privileges to fight personal fights. I don't even have to know the whole context of that to say that your 'for a joke' was in fact ugly power tripping, and I see it as abuse. It's not the first time you disrupted the forum like this (I remember you changed his avatar at some point and also edited Alan's post in Five Things).

Acting like this, you're giving the forum a bad vibe, and if it was up to me, you would be taking a break from your admin 'duty'. As it is not up to me, I suggest that mods and admins sit together and discuss what to do with it. IWL has become my home, or go-to, watch community, but if admins can simply chase members away and get away with it, I'll have to consider walking away, too.
    Lol chill out. I'd happily not be an admin - it's not fun. Power trip It was very, very very clearly a joke, seriously knew this 100%. I have screenshots to prove He simply didn't want to post any more, clearly. As per Alan's post. I didn't have to weigh in but I thought I would be transparent.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

8. Likes skywatch, hayday liked this post
    A friend put me on to this thread:

I thought I’d put my side of the story as moderators seemingly are making up reasons why I left.

I left because someone with the relevant admin rights was messing about with my account, changing posts, changing avatars, and as a final straw banning me for 24 hours!.... for a joke.....

Contrary to popular belief there was no warning or otherwise on WhatsApp.

I would have been posting to this day if it was not for this, for want of a better phrase megalomaniac "pissing about."

Well done whoever it was.

Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

10. Likes rodia77, skywatch, Strela167 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    I would have been posting to this day if it was not for this, for want of a better phrase megalomaniac "pissing about."
    Well done whoever it was.

It's good to see you here, and I hope you and "whoever" can put past mistakes and frustrations behind so that we can see your ironic humor and beautiful watches again.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

You make it a better place, Seriously, and I hope you stick around and continue to post.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    I thought I’d put my side of the story as moderators seemingly are making up reasons why I left.

Moderators? Plural?

For myself, I merely assured people that you were well, and then respected your privacy by saying very little more. It was quite a difficult balancing act, as it happens.