• return

9 56.25%
  • wouldn't have bought it in the first place, don't ask me

5 31.25%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WWYD: New arrival slightly different than expected

Hybrid View

Question WWYD: New arrival slightly different than expected

So after 3 weeks of wait my Eterna Heritage 1948 is finally here, and I kind of don't know what to think about it.

The main feature that has driven this impulse buy was the case -- it's there and it doesn't disappoint.

Then, the overall appearance -- it's there, I like it, not 100% sure if not too vintagey for my tastes, but the bottom line, it's there.

I wasn't sure about the size -- I was buying it thinking it would be 40mm, but there were sites, including Weir's, where it was listed as 37mm. It's 40, though, so all according to the plan.

Here's how it looks on my wrist:

Name:  signal-attachment-2020-05-27-120740_002.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  52.1 KB

Name:  signal-attachment-2020-05-27-120740_001.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  47.0 KB

Now, the difference -- from photos and reviews, eg here, I thought the hour markers would be applied:

Name:  Screenshot from 2020-05-27 12-14-09.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  33.9 KB

but in my example they are not, they're just thickly printed.

The applied markers weren't a driver for my purchase, but I did think they were adding a nice touch, possibly made the whole watch look more modern.

On the manufacturer's site the same reference number is shared by two band and three dial options, nothing about different markers: https://www.eterna.com/product-page/...omatic-40-mm-1

So, my question is, what would YOU do, keep or return? (I'm not asking for your advice for me, I'll make my decision for myself, I'm leaning towards one of the options but won't tell you now so not to bias your answers. I'm literally curious to know YOUR thoughts and what YOU would do).

Don't be slacking with replying -- while I have a few days to think it over, I CAN'T WEAR IT UNTIL I MAKE MY DECISION!
    Last edited by rodia77; May 27, 2020 at 12:16 PM. Reason: fixed review link

The review link doesn’t come up. The dial is nice regardless but if it doesn’t suit you I don’t see the point of keeping it. Personally, I wouldn’t settle for something I wasn’t sold on if returning it was an option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Col Angus View Post
    The review link doesn’t come up.
    Thanks, fixed.

I'm in the wouldn't have bought it in the first place camp. That being said I generally would take applied markers over printed any day. I think i would return it (or flip it).

6. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    If I were in your shoes - I'd feel like I'd been stiffed, and send it straight back.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

8. Likes rodia77, Samanator liked this post
    I wouldn't have bought it based on the lugs which I am not a fan of, and also 40mm would seem too large for my wrist with that style of watch. I actually like printed dials sometimes more than applied, it just depends on the style - Hamilton Khaki for example... and I much prefer the older Explorer 1016 with printed vs the newer 14270 and up with applied. Not that I don't like those newer explorers because I really do.

Crazy that you saw a review with applied and the your actual is printed... have you looked into or inquired about this?

10. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Crazy that you saw a review with applied and the your actual is printed... have you looked into or inquired about this?
    Nope. They also have this model on bracelet and I suspect it may have applied markers, so I could still inquire and perhaps swap if they're willing to go down with the price a good bit. But as I said I have a couple of days before I have to act, so I first wanted to know what the IWL folk think.

Blog Entries
    If I were to have received a watch with different markers than in the photos, I would return it. Specifically for me, I prefer the applied markers to the printed and I would feel bothered. If for some reason I really preferred the printed numbers, I suppose I would be pleased and keep the watch... but that's your decision.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

13. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    Just to clarify, I didn't specifically mean the merchand's photos, ie I'm not saying they sold me someting different to what they advertised -- frankly speaking, the pics on their website couldn't be lousier:

Name:  01-96805.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  18.4 KB

Name:  01-92775.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  23.5 KB

My assumption about the applied markers was based on pics and vids I'd found on the webz, and I didn't even know versions with printed markers existed.

Damaged goods. - send them back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme