Likes Likes:  15
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: May the force be with you.....

It is a novelty watch, and a Quartz at that, so I don't want to sit here and pick it apart as it really doesn't matter. The cutoff numeral drives me nuts, but what is also odd to me is the 100 Meter placement up underneath the logo. Nothing specifically wrong with it but not sure I've seen that done before. Towards 3:00 or certainly 6:00 just feels more normal for me. Then again it is modelled, at least to a marketing degree, after a science fiction movie so I'm not sure any of the typical WIS type standards are fair to apply.

Me, I'll hold out for the Indiana Jones version

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    It is a novelty watch, and a Quartz at that, so I don't want to sit here and pick it apart as it really doesn't matter. The cutoff numeral drives me nuts, but what is also odd to me is the 100 Meter placement up underneath the logo. Nothing specifically wrong with it but not sure I've seen that done before. Towards 3:00 or certainly 6:00 just feels more normal for me. Then again it is modelled, at least to a marketing degree, after a science fiction movie so I'm not sure any of the typical WIS type standards are fair to apply.

Me, I'll hold out for the Indiana Jones version
    I'm pretty sure there are quartz 'novelty' watches that are attractive enough. My main gripe with this is the tiny date window growing on the oversized 6 numeral like a disease. And its distance from the bezel.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

3. Likes OhDark30 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    I'm pretty sure there are quartz 'novelty' watches that are attractive enough. My main gripe with this is the tiny date window growing on the oversized 6 numeral like a disease. And its distance from the bezel.
    and they've spelt metre wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Haha. Only just noticed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    It is the way of the emperor to spell it that way.
    Maybe the rebel alliance will be more European
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

7. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Grey one is tolerable, but that white thing makes my eyeballs bleed........
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Most of you guys know this, but Seiko did a nice job with their Brightz Star Wars LE a few years ago. While the logo on the dial killed it for me I liked the C-3PO model:

Name:  c3po face.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  121.2 KB
    Last edited by ljb187; Jul 11, 2015 at 12:04 AM.

10. Likes Domo, synequano liked this post
    A guy over on another forum is building a Star Wars watch I might actually be interested in.

Those Nixons are so overpriced...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

Blog Entries
    I was always a Han Solo guy. And yes, he shot first.

13. Likes meijlinder, ljb187 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Not to mention that $375 for a quartz novelty watch is rather a lot. You can go get a Seiko helmet chrono for that much, that's plenty Star Wars-y.

15. Likes OhDark30 liked this post