Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scalfaro Cap Ferrat Grand Tour bicompax chrono

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Scalfaro Cap Ferrat Grand Tour bicompax chrono

I was unaware of this company and model until a minute and a half ago. Saw a photo, checked their website, and became intrigued. Oddly intrigued, given that I have almost no interest in chronos, despite wearing at this very second a Hamilton H604161. Anyway, one of the things that drew me to it was the internal rotating bezel, something I've had wood for for some time. Also I rather like the case and bracelet despite their clunkiness.

Does anyone have experience with and/or knowledge of this marque and this particular watch? Wassa verdict?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

Blog Entries
    Anyone?
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

Never heard a peep about them.

I too am somewhat intrigued by the case and bracelet. The red 12 could stand to go the way of the dodo though.as a whole it makes me think of a Genta Ingenieur with some Ebel mixed in for good measure.

Blog Entries
    Checked over at The Old Place™ and found a few mentions, unfortunately none newer than about seven squintillion years ago. <sigh> Equally unfortunately, they didn't tell me anything I wasn't able to find out from the Scalfaro site. <sigh>
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

I see there are a few of these listed on Chrono24, but not much other info out there that I could find either.

Good luck.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

When I look at their website, I get more of a feel of marketing than marque. Still, they're supporting John Surtees' charity which can't be a bad thing.

It would be interesting to know more about the 'Swiss ADK Kaliber 147' movement. I'm guessing at Hong Kong connections but I could be wrong.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    It would be interesting to know more about the 'Swiss ADK Kaliber 147' movement. I'm guessing at Hong Kong connections but I could be wrong.

I read somewhere (wish I could remember where) that the 'Swiss ADK Kaliber 147' is a reworked 7750, which would make sense given the 7750's ubiquity as the guts of practically every chrono under 5k bux.
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post

I read somewhere (wish I could remember where) that the 'Swiss ADK Kaliber 147' is a reworked 7750, which would make sense given the 7750's ubiquity as the guts of practically every chrono under 5k bux.

Ah well, in that case I retract my Germasian suspicion. Companies using genuine good stuff would do well to emphasise it, but maybe most customers aren't interested and aren't as wary as us.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Ah well, in that case I retract my Germasian suspicion. Companies using genuine good stuff would do well to emphasise it, but maybe most customers aren't interested and aren't as wary as us.

Since I can't recall where I read that I have no way of evaluating its accuracy, but it certainly makes sense that they would use 7750s. As for giving it their own fancypants name, I suspect that's aimed more at us WISs than at the general public -- how sexy is it to say you're using a slightly dressed up Valjoux ebauche when you could call it something exotic like 'Swiss ADK Kaliber 147'? All that marketing crap gives me tbe vapors anyway.

Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

Blog Entries
    Nope, I know nothing about them. But are those proprietary lugs? If so, my research ends here, unfortunately.