Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help needed from Perlon experts!

Help needed from Perlon experts!

So, I ordered a Perlon for my Speedy FIOS, which has 19mm lugs. I found one store advertising black 19mm Perlon straps. However, what I got appears to be a wider strap, supplied with 19mm springbars, not a 19mm wide strap. Below you can see the strap is wider than the springbars, and wider than the space between the lugs:

Is this normal? Are all of them the same width (in which case I could have ordered any color from anyone)? Or have I been sold a bill of goods??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks a lot wider!
    They do come in different widths (I have 18, 20 and 22mm ones) but I find the width is a bit less exact than on standard nylon Natos (maybe becaise of the way they're made) and I haven't yet seen any in odd sizes.

No that's not normal by any means they sent you the wrong size

Sent from my Galaxy S6 edge using Tapatalk
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

It looks like a "loose weave" in that the strands are not sewn to each other.
    Could it be that in transit it has just loosened/widened itself?

Have you tried fitting it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ro63rto View Post
    It looks like a "loose weave" in that the strands are not sewn to each other.
    Could it be that in transit it has just loosened/widened itself?

Have you tried fitting it yet?
    No, I haven't tried fitting it yet. The Omega strap on the watch is a 20mm that Topper squeezed on for me--I'm afraid that removing it may be a one way trip, so if the new one is in fact the wrong size, I won't be able to get the Omega strap back on. I can't comment on whether the weave is loose; I've never had a Perlon strap before. However, it looks exactly as I expected it to. If there are in fact different widths, I'm inclined to agree with watchdaddy1--it looks more like a 22mm than a 19mm.

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with watchdaddy1--it looks more like a 22mm than a 19mm.
    Agreed.

Well, I've requested a return. We'll see what they say. Thanks, everybody.

Which brand is that? It may be a result of the close-up photography, but the weave doesn't look that tight.

And I agree that they've probably sent the wrong size.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Which brand is that? It may be a result of the close-up photography, but the weave doesn't look that tight.

And I agree that they've probably sent the wrong size.
    Fluco. They have agreed, after looking at the pictures, that they've sent the wrong size. They have offered to send a replacement. We'll see how it goes. They've been very responsive so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decent brand, Fluco. I think I have a Fluco somewhere - not a perlon, though.