Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: #####WRUW Saturday, July 11, 2015#####

#####WRUW Saturday, July 11, 2015#####

TAG Heuer Aquaracer Calibre S Regatta Timer on NATO

-hayday

Name:  TAG blu:blk.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  52.8 KB
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Same watch, today, but slightly different pic

Name:  Omega_BA57_19.JPG
Views: 98
Size:  186.8 KB

Hope you all have a great weekend ahead.

This in the morning
    Name:  30919-chase-albums-chase-misc-picture82017-image.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  41.8 KB

Then swap after lunch
    Name:  30919-chase-albums-chase-misc-picture78826-image.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  42.5 KB
    Last edited by Chase; Jul 11, 2015 at 03:47 AM.

Blog Entries
    Sea-Gull USA WuYi limited edition

Too many watches, not enough wrists.

For Saturday:
    Name:  THCB heli2.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  72.8 KB
    Name:  THCB glow1.jpg
Size:  64.7 KB
    Still having a love-hate thing going on with this bracelet. I like the looks. I like the coolness of steel in the summer heat. But the bracelet just about doubles the weight of the watch on the wrist, and the head alone is thick and heavy enough on its own. Yet the weight of the head means fabric straps need to be cinched up tight, something I don't like at the best of times, never mind on hot days. Guess I need to keep looking for the perfect strap.

Have a great weekend!

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

Blog Entries
    Heavy Watch = First World Problems. :-)
    (I like lighter watches myself, because I just can't abide bracelets.)

Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    For Saturday:

Still having a love-hate thing going on with this bracelet. I like the looks. I like the coolness of steel in the summer heat. But the bracelet just about doubles the weight of the watch on the wrist, and the head alone is thick and heavy enough on its own. Yet the weight of the head means fabric straps need to be cinched up tight, something I don't like at the best of times, never mind on hot days. Guess I need to keep looking for the perfect strap.

Have a great weekend!

~Sherry.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Have a great weekend Everybody!!!!!

many things going on this mornin'...

"EEuwwwWw..." .. that's what my wife said when she look at my strap.. "But... but... Honey... errr, the money i'm save from buying commercial or hand made strap can be use for your next new shirt, sandals/shoes and so on..."
    "well... in that case.. it look ..ehmm.. ok.." =)

Name:  DSCN1496.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  85.5 KB

yeah, to be honest... it does look.. strange hehehe..
    Name:  DSCN1494.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  51.7 KB

=====

one of my ex-student visit me this mornin'.. he bring several watches from his father... an 18k montblank whist is quite small, and a vintage sub.
    my chance to try a wristshot hehe (sorry for indoor pictures)

Name:  DSCN1464.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  49.5 KB

Name:  DSCN1475.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  82.6 KB

he bought a $100 strap for the sub, but he is not liking it that much.. he think my hand-made strap is better in his eyes (nut sure a true complement or just want to make me happy)

so i let him tries one of my strap..
    Name:  DSCN1481.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  89.4 KB

the dark brown leather quite suits the tropical dial..

in shy he said "is there a chance i bought the strap from you? i might search on the net, but i love this combo so much that i might not able to forget how good it complement the watch.."

well, there's only one way to do right?... i told him with smile... "nah, dont worry.. you can have it... it's a memorabilia from me.." =D

it does look quite good on him..
    Name:  DSCN1487.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  52.0 KB

there... sorry for the long rambling hehehe
    =)

Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    For Saturday:
    Name:  THCB glow1.jpg
Size:  64.7 KB

Have a great weekend!

~Sherry.
    I have this old one I made for mine when I had it. It's really hard to tell in the picture but it's what I'll call a charcoal brown with navy stitching that matches the blue quite well without being quite as bright.
    Name:  30919-chase-albums-chase-misc-picture48346-image.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  50.6 KB
    It was one of my earlier straps and not up to the level of what I'm putting out now but you're welcome to it if you'd like to give it a try. Very lightweight, comfortable and supple leather.

Sorry I don't think I have any better pictures of the combo. Can take one of just the strap if you like.

Personally, I love the Tudor oyster bracelets. But I don't find it heavy at all. Obviously we are all different in that regard. Never did try either of my THC's on the NATO knowing they would have a tendency to flop around, and I hate any type of strap or bracelet being too tight.

Edit: or you could just trade me the THC for my Heritage Ranger. It is light Jo matter bracelet or whatever you have on it I would welcome a blue THC back into my collection.
    Last edited by Chase; Jul 11, 2015 at 05:52 AM.

9. Likes popoki nui, OhDark30, MarkO liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post

Name:  DSCN1464.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  49.5 KB

it does look quite good on him..
    Name:  DSCN1487.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  52.0 KB

there... sorry for the long rambling hehehe
    =)

Epic watch. And your strap looks good with it

11. Likes iyonk, watchdaddy1, JAGtime, mlcor liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steppy View Post
    Epic watch. And your strap looks good with it
    thanks!... i do fall in love with that watch indeed... out of my leaque...

back to reality with my seiko hehehe..

13. Likes JAGtime liked this post