Likes Likes:  35
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seiko Sport Divers

Seiko Sport Divers

People often say that the '70's was a wasted decade that didn't produce anything worthwhile but I disagree. Seiko's line of Sports divers are exceptional in my view. Great combination of case designs, size, thickness and color schemes.

The current crop.
    P7080001 by George Spanias, on Flickr

A couple that have moved along.

P3290223 by George Spanias, on Flickr

I'd like to see what I still need to add to the collection so post up some pics.

I'm surprised no one has shared any photos. I can't be the only person with these. On the plus side though, if I am then these just increased in value exponentially.

Those are stunning seiko man... thanks for sharing.. i luv them!

4. Likes vinylgreek liked this post
    The 70's were awesome for Seiko! I don't have anything from their sport diver lines to share, though. Only this, from 1972:
    Name:  Seikochrono2 copy.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  76.5 KB

I really want to find one of these:
    Name:  7025-7099-1.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  48.4 KB
    7025-7099, mid-70's.

~Sherry.
    Last edited by popoki nui; Jul 9, 2015 at 06:07 AM.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

6. Likes Raza, iyonk, rfortson liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    The 70's were awesome for Seiko! I don't have anything from their sport diver lines to share, though. Only this, from 1972:
    Name:  Seikochrono2 copy.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  76.5 KB

I really want to find one of these:
    Name:  7025-7099-1.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  48.4 KB
    7025-7099, mid-70's.

~Sherry.
    Nice 6139 Sherry and I'm with you regarding the 7025. Good luck in your search.

8. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    I don't have their divers but their chronographs rock! And the ads were oh so groovy!

Last edited by rfortson; Jul 9, 2015 at 05:47 PM.

10. Likes popoki nui, whatmeworry, synequano liked this post
    This is just too cool-

"Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by vinylgreek View Post
    People often say that the '70's was a wasted decade that didn't produce anything worthwhile but I disagree. Seiko's line of Sports divers are exceptional in my view. Great combination of case designs, size, thickness and color schemes.

The current crop.
    P7080001 by George Spanias, on Flickr
    I'd like to see what I still need to add to the collection so post up some pics.
    I would love to see closer-up photos of each watch!! Those are awesome looking!
    Kody

Could the scarcity of 70's stuff be due to the fact that that was when the quartz bomb exploded? Admittedly, those Seikos are very nice but overall I think the 70's and even the 80's produced fewer 'nice' watches than before or after. Just my opinion.
    To be honest though, the 70's are kind of a foggy, swirly memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Donf View Post
    Could the scarcity of 70's stuff be due to the fact that that was when the quartz bomb exploded? Admittedly, those Seikos are very nice but overall I think the 70's and even the 80's produced fewer 'nice' watches than before or after. Just my opinion.
    To be honest though, the 70's are kind of a foggy, swirly memory.
    lol. I know that feeling. Large bits of the 80's, too.
    But I must disagree: IMO, apart from a few nice current designs, the 70's were the last decade of truly awesome watch design.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

15. Likes OhDark30, meijlinder liked this post