Likes Likes:  308
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Bacon?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Sausages

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    *Waits for Geoff to interject*
    Please keep on topic - if you wish to discuss sausages then have the courtesy to the OP to start a new thread.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

2. Likes T Bone, whatmeworry, Henry Krinkle, Steppy liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Please keep on topic - if you wish to discuss sausages then have the courtesy to the OP to start a new thread.
    So Penguin sausage would be a bad thing then?

I've liked every post in this thread, just because it's so fun and I love bacon! Even those who said sausage was better got a "like". Only one I'm aware I skipped. It was a link with no text (no problem there) but the link was broken. So, a non-post.

Guess what I'm cooking right now? You got it, BACON!
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

Quote Originally Posted by Donf View Post
    Every year, at THE GREAT STATE FAIR OF TEXAS (Sorry, but real Texans always lower the tone of their voice and raise the volume when saying that so that we sound like Big Tex)
    there is a cooking contest. A few years ago the grand champion recipe was for

Chicken Fried Bacon!
    With a side of some ranch dressing (preferably jalapeno ranch, of course) it is guaranteed to clog anything resembling an artery inside of 2 servings. But really, really good!

Missed this one. Love me some chicken fried steak (with country sausage gravy of course) so quite safe to say my tummy would be quite content to fill up on this one too

5. Likes T Bone liked this post
    People were unsure what I meant by sausage so I posted a photo rather than attempt to describe it

7. Likes T Bone, whatmeworry liked this post
    Boys - I was kidding
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

9. Likes T Bone liked this post
    Boys - I was kidding
    Now I feel disillusioned

11. Likes T Bone liked this post
    But is pork sausage close enough to bacon or still a distant cousin?

Cool rainy day so was going to make the boys some bacon wrapped hot dogs since they are nice and easy but no matter how deep I looked into the freezer I couldn't find any bacon.

Guess we'll just starve today
    Last edited by Chase; Jul 12, 2015 at 04:52 PM.

13. Likes T Bone liked this post
    Boys - I was kidding
    Knew dat...

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    But is pork sausage close enough to bacon or still a distant cousin?
    Probably depends on the parentage of the pig?

Just to be safe..... BACON!
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    We tend to use raw (or Swedish equivalent rå) to mean both uncured and cured-but-not-cooked
    I get that- cured is after all uncooked. I refer to things as raw, uncooked and cooked.

16. Likes T Bone liked this post
    Step 1:

2 litres cold water, 90 gms kosher salt, 20 gms of cure #1, 125 gms brown sugar, a few bay leaves, a bunch of cloves of garlic smashed, a few bay leaves, a few sprigs of thyme, 1 lemon quartered. Heat in a pot until every thing dissolves. Refrigerate. If you want it to taste more normal omit the lemon, but if you are going to use it in Caesar salad or as an enhancement to most veg try the lemon.

Name:  P1010015.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  64.3 KB

18. Likes T Bone, BlackNomad liked this post