Collaborations, no matter the context, are fraught with the potential of being, more often than not a curious reduction in the individual talents involved. Instead of following the apparent logic that it may be 'twice as good' as the individual party's work, it's commonly quite the opposite. Half as good, if that. And consequently, neither party wins. Allow me to present "Cruisin'" by Huey Lewis & Gwyneth Paltrow as Item A for the prosecution. Sometimes, though, against the odds, two parties can come together and the effect is not a doubling, or a redoubling of the artistic life forces, but an exponential fireworks display of magic. That's how I'd describe indie watchmaking juggernauts H. Moser & Cie. and MB&F helmsmen Edouard Meylan and Maximilian Büsser's H. Moser x MB&F Endeavour Cylindrical Tourbillon and MB&F x H. Moser LM101. How did this creative joint venture come about? Well, as Büsser explains, "When I called Edouard to tell him that I wanted to collaborate on a creation, I mentioned that I really liked the double balance-spring, the Moser fumé dials and the Concept watch series. Edouard immediately told me that he would let me borrow these features, but on condition that he…

The post Edouard Meylan of H. Moser & Cie and Maximilian Büsser of MB&F just had twins, and they're bloody beautiful appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...