Likes Likes:  33
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Did some browsing

For me the most minimalist Rolex I can do is my current Air King. I've never been able to pull the trigger on a Date Just, or an Oyster Perpetual for myself. My wife has three Date Just and loves them. Most of her other 13 watches hardly ever come out of the box. Her current DJ (SS/WG bezel and white dial)has been on her wrist constantly since December. I almost always will choose a Rolex long term over every other brand, but for the role you describe for this watch the Rolex seems like a compromise. I almost never say this, but the JLC seems like it's better suited for what you are looking for. It will not hold it's value as well as the Rolex over time, but it is better suited for what you want. I can see that watch on your wrist in a suit, jeans and a polo shirt or tee-shit and shorts. Nearly all my watches could fit into this same role, but I also have some WR requirements that things on leather straps don't do that well with.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

2. Likes gnuyork, wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post

Or, if I may, have you looked at the Omega Globemaster? Might be a little big for you at 39mm, but you did mention you like a pie pan.

METAS master co-axial, 100m WR, available on bracelet and even better on leather (but if you want a year round, everyday watch, the bracelet is probably the way to go), it has a date at the best location to put one; it's a better looking competitor to the Datejust for around $1300 less before discounts.
    Dam you. I've nearly bought this a dozen times, and had pushed out of my mind how slick these look. This is possibly the best looking bracelet Omega currently offers. I would suggest preowned though. These take a killing on the second hand market for the first owners. That does not happen for most SS DJ.
    Last edited by Samanator; Jun 5, 2020 at 09:50 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

4. Likes Raza, geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post

This is a sweet blue dial!!

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

6. Likes gnuyork liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post

And as it happens, they are an Omega and JLC dealer, and I couldn't resist trying on the Reverso again, this time with the brown strap which I like better, though I'm not sure it looks better on my wrist compared to the black strap.

This case makes me think retro cinema/movie theater.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

8. Likes gnuyork liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    This case makes me think retro cinema/movie theater.
    As it should, very much an Art Deco flavor.

10. Likes wschofield3 liked this post