Likes Likes:  14

Thread: First Island GTG (that we know of)!

Hybrid View

First Island GTG (that we know of)....

Getting ready for the first Vancouver Island [mini] GTG in a couple of hours. Over in that other forum, I tried to get other island watch nuts to join in, but I guess most of them have stopped visiting there. Never got much response except for one local fellow (marlowe55). We're meeting for lunch and bringing a selection of watches to examine. But what to bring? I guess a little of everything....
    Name:  GTG  watches copy.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  107.0 KB

Should be fun! I'm a little nervous, though.

~Sherry.
    Last edited by popoki nui; Nov 19, 2014 at 06:04 PM.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

2. Likes SteamJ, is that my watch liked this post
    If I were on the island I'd join you. If you think it's lonely out there, try Saskatchewan...

Oh, and have fun!

4. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    What a great meetup! Marlowe55 is really, really nice, and a true WIS. We had coffee and examined each other's watches, and chatted about watches and forums and life in general. Definitely have to do it again, with more members (if we can find them)!

Name:  GTG1 copy.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  116.8 KB
    Name:  GTG2.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  65.4 KB

Fun stuff!

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

Glad it worked out. Keep pushing it for the next time and I'm sure you'll get more people. Thanks for the pictures.

Preston's gonna be none too pleased when he sees that photo

8. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post
    Preston's gonna be none too pleased when he sees that photo
    Yeah, what the h e double hockey sticks is going on anyway!

Peace,
    Preston

10. Likes Domo liked this post
    Shaken, not stirred.
    As if meeting a classy, fun and interesting person isn't enough to make my day, to have her be a WIS extraordinaire is the icing on the cake.
    Thanks again for putting out the call for a GTG Sherry, I'll be looking forward to the next one.
    BTW, amazing collection!!
    You can always earn more money but you can't earn more time.

12. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    I love that you have a Sporty Friends Swatch. I actually really want one, just to have in the collection. That probably makes me a huge dork, but whatever.
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianStraps View Post
    I love that you have a Sporty Friends Swatch. I actually really want one, just to have in the collection. That probably makes me a huge dork, but whatever.
    It's a fun watch. It's the 2010 Vancouver Olympics special edition To The Top model:

~Sherry.

Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    Getting ready for the first Vancouver Island [mini] GTG in a couple of hours. Over in that other forum, I tried to get other island watch nuts to join in, but I guess most of them have stopped visiting there. Never got much response except for one local fellow (marlowe55). We're meeting for lunch and bringing a selection of watches to examine. But what to bring? I guess a little of everything....
    Name:  GTG  watches copy.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  107.0 KB

Should be fun! I'm a little nervous, though.

~Sherry.
    Wish I could attend! Would be lots of fun! :-)

Peace,
    Preston