Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wife has gotten nato fever... need a watch for her

Wife has gotten nato fever... need a watch for her

My wife is far from being a WIS, but she has noted my "collection" of nato straps and likes that she could match the nato with her outfit. Unfortunately, my watches are either ugly or too big for her, so I need to buy a new watch.

Although I would love to get here a Sinn 556, she wouldn't be comfortable with an "expensive watch" (all if relative ). So, I need everyone's help to find a watch with 20mm lugs and no more than 38mm (yep, not that easy). There are a couple of Seiko 5 watches that comes to mind, but would really like to see more recommendations. Seiko or Citizen is what I'm leaning to, but any brand is fine. No preference between mechanical or quartz (or solar or eco-drive). I guess black or white dial would be best, with SS case.

I really like this one, but it has 18mm lugs (I'm trying to have her use my natos... also there aren't as many 18mm natos available):

Thanks!

Joe
    Joe

Omega / Rolex / Oris / Citizen / Seiko / Alpina / G Shock

Blog Entries
    I think the standard size Timex Weekender is 38mm with 20mm lugs. Not sure about the lugs, though. I looked around, some people claim it's 18, some claim 20. I think the facts have been muddied because they now make a 40mm version that definitely has 20mm lugs.

3. Likes hayday liked this post
    Honestly I have never had any trouble getting 18mm NATOs and never found that I am short on choices.
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

5. Likes OhDark30, hayday, JAGtime liked this post
    was looking for natos the other day and 18mm is a pretty standard size but sometime they won't show them till you pick your size you want I can pull some up later if you would like depends what price you want to pay I was looking for a certain size 20mm and managed on a clearance line to get three for £1.89 with free post.

so I should still have the links there was some nice ones around the £15 quid but they go from like £2 up to like £40 depending what you want to pay give me some idea on colour and price and whether it is a nato or zulu you are after and I will see what links I have left
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I think the standard size Timex Weekender is 38mm with 20mm lugs. Not sure about the lugs, though. I looked around, some people claim it's 18, some claim 20. I think the facts have been muddied because they now make a 40mm version that definitely has 20mm lugs.
    yeah mine is 18mm but as you say it was the old weekender
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

I'll check the timex.

Maybe a Hamilton field watch?

I just got an order from Gnomon Watches (their natos are the best). She saw me taking this picture and that's what sparked her interest:

The green one looks great for the summer:

Joe

the five is nice we was talking about it on the mwc thread the other week and we was talking about watches of the small size have you looked Russian they are doing a rather nice karma watch for the ladies that is rather nice

http://meranom.com/

Tons of new Amphibians including ladies models

Last edited by is that my watch; Jul 13, 2015 at 02:21 PM.
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Damn I had no idea the Timex Weekender could be had for around $30! At that price I wouldn't mind buying more natos.

These are supposed to be 38mm with 20mm lug:

http://www.amazon.com/Timex-Unisex-T...P083VT064R456F

http://www.amazon.com/Timex-Unisex-T...B1YKD9Y1SKZQHX
    Joe

11. Likes gnuyork liked this post
    If your wife likes the big clean light dial style that's fashionable at the moment, a reasonably priced line is done by Olivia Burton.

A nice Rodina/Seagull st17 would be a good choice at about $100 with a Bauhaus vibe and 20mm lugs

If you can wait 15 to 30 days there are literally thousands of cheap natos on Aliexpress

14. Likes I-B liked this post