Likes Likes:  37
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody have the new Timex Expedition solar model(s)?

Nothing wrong with those at all.

The date window is ‘bracketed’ rather than framed - is that usual? I’ve owned an Expedition, but can’t remember.

2. Likes Sedi liked this post
    Looking at models online, I couldn't find it on any other model. And the other Timexes I have, are all digital.
    Cheers, Sedi

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Does anybody have the new Timex Expedition solar model(s)?

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post

The date window is ‘bracketed’ rather than framed - is that usual? I’ve owned an Expedition, but can’t remember.
    I hadn’t noticed this, but you are absolutely right. My standard quartz 40mm version from a couple of years appears to be neither bracketed nor framed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post

I remembered it from a Timex Waterbury I eyed some time ago, but it doesn't look like a defining element for any particular model line.

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lume is better than I expected.

7. Likes hayday liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    I forgot to update this thread, since mine arrived a couple of days ago. So far it runs unbelievably accurately with zero deviation from atomic time. But ALL my Timex run better than ANY of my Casios so far. One was just a few seconds fast per year -- that is HAQ-territory.
    I didn't wear mine a lot so far, since 5 watches arrived within 2 days at my doorstep. But I love the design and the overall fit and finish. On mine the hands also hit the markers rather nicely, if not 100% across the dial but that is to be expected from such a movement. The leather strap smelled nicely of leather and not like some cheap leather straps that have a strong chemical smell. But I still switched it out for a Nato because of the temperatures here.
    I generally find that timekeeping on Casios is pretty awful. I suspect they do it deliberately so people buy wave ceptors

I can't complain. They all run within specs but +/-15 sec per month (on G-Shocks and Edifice, on the cheapos it is +/-30) is not that great to begin with. That being said -- my "supposedly" HEQ Bulova runs 15 sec fast per month, too. I never even bothered changing the battery, once the first one was empty -- so it sits in the box with an empty battery -- complete waste of money.
    Nowadays, if I want absolute precision, I wear one with atomic reception.
    Cheers, Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    I generally find that timekeeping on Casios is pretty awful. I suspect they do it deliberately so people buy wave ceptors

Most Casios I have or have had won't stay within 3 seconds per week which is horrible for a quartz imo. Except this one...

Last I checked it was within 1 second over 8 months. Oddly enough that version has been reported as super accurate by many people.

This Timex averages +.06 seconds per day since April 22.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

11. Likes Sedi liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post

I have had hundreds of casio and have never had one lose or gain time I can get them months later out the draw and they will match my digital table clock I have set them by .. and I do mean hundreds my fav three are dw6900 , the old ga 100 that I regular buy to mod and flip for a profit and the old gwm 5600 and 5610 ... plus the gwm ranges have the atomic clock feature

the really cheapo one I don't do much with as stick mainly to g shock and those that pre date the g'shock range
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Wow, your experience differs a lot from mine and I had a couple hundred over the years as well. Probably got 50 or 60 at the moment and accuracy is all over the place. I mean, they are within specs but still not great. One of the best I have is also one of the cheapest, an AE-1000W.
    Cheers, Sedi