Likes Likes:  81
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have a theme?

Blog Entries
    Not much of a theme for me, other than what I **would** buy if I had infinite resources. I am very attracted to the history of watchmaking, and the great names from 100 years ago still ring loud for me. Yet I'll never let myself buy a Patek, Vacheron, Jourgensen, etc, so I comfort myself with clean cool modern designs in a military pragmatic style or minimalist modernist vintage style (retro-modern Bauhaus or late 'Deco my favorites.) SO I get REALLY excited when I find things at bargain prices that I respect. This often means... dressy smaller thin classic 50-60's style. And this thread needs pictures....

As you can see, I am very ill and probably need an intervention. This is only a dressy fraction of my collection that sticks together a bit as a theme.

Too many watches, not enough wrists.

I think my collection is fairly catholic, but I do tend towards simple, small 3 handers

I'm a retrosexual
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

4. Likes vinylgreek, scottjc, JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    I'm a retrosexual
    you just made me google that Kath...

6. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    I'll join the trend... A bit of everything, watch for every occasion. I tend to wear divers as a rule mainly because i find the bezel useful, but also because they are sturdy. Also a dinked diver shows usage. A dinked dressy looks sorry :-)

I'd love to show my small collection like skywatch did but it's not with me right now - but in principle : white face diver on bracelet, black face diver on NATO, white dressy + black dressy on bracelet, cream dressy on leather. All quartz except the white diver, about to add a black auto diver. The white dressy has a hidden chrono function.

I would say I have a Pokemon approach to collecting. Got to catch them all!

... And just 'coz, here is the only watch I have with me on holiday.

Last edited by T1ck; Jul 14, 2015 at 07:07 AM.

8. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    I'm a retrosexual
    I was thinking that your collection doesn't have a theme, so much as an accent

10. Likes is that my watch, JAGtime liked this post
    Is a retrosexual when one person kind of enjoys it, and the other doesn't at all?

well I would take a retrosexual over a metrosexual I am some where in the middle

some time's I like old and with accent or other times shiny and new so I think I have a good mix of both with a few down right strange mixed in for those days when you want something different
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    well I would take a retrosexual over a metrosexual I am some where in the middle
    Metrosexual
    Netrosexual
    Oetrosexual
    Petrosexual
    Quetrosexual
    Retrosexual

.....you're petrosexual? That reminds me of an old Viz strip about Jeremy Clarkson (link that you click on entirely at your own risk)
    Last edited by Der Amf; Jul 14, 2015 at 09:26 AM.

14. Likes whatmeworry, Chicolabronse, scottjc liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Is a retrosexual when one person kind of enjoys it, and the other doesn't at all?
    I think it's where both parties keep trying it in the hope that they'll enjoy it again.

16. Likes JAGtime liked this post