Likes Likes:  4,766
Page 1 of 162 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Traveling Watch

Traveling Watch

To celebrate IWL'S 1st yr anniversary Mark aka pepperami purposed a way to celebrate it w/ a traveling watch.
    What a great idea BTW.

I , as well as others offered up a piece & I thank you all for letting me have the honor.
    I offered 1 of my late Best friends pieces to honor him by. He would of loved to see 1 of his pieces travel the world & would talk about this for years to come.

A little backround about Bob Powers- He was a retired Chicago Police officer, ex DEA & undercover agent as well,he gave his entire life to serving 1 way or another. A BEST FRIEND that 1 could EVER ask for.

He was a true WIS ,while he couldn't afford some of the "Brands" we all love & collect he still collected what he liked & lived vicariously through mine & others collections on the forums.He was also an avid bike rider, between the watches & the bikes that's how we vastly became friends.

Some rules will apply here;
    #1- you must be an active member here w/ @least 100 posts to participate.
    #2- try to include a state memento/trinket when you send it to the next in line.
    #3- You have to post a pic on this thread once you receive it. (Let's get Bob around the globe.)
    #4- I get the watch back & afterwards I do a PAY IT FORWARD GIVEAWAY here.

Again Ladies & Gentleman Thank You for letting me kick this off.
    I'm sending it to Jeannie 1st

I'm honored to be a part of this AWESOME Community.
    Happy Anniversary IWL
    Last edited by watchdaddy1; Jul 21, 2015 at 07:56 PM.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Superb, i would love to see bob visit scotland, so count me in!
    Last edited by Chicolabronse; Jul 14, 2015 at 05:20 PM.

More I than S underwatermechanic's Avatar
    Count me in as well 😁

Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    North Carolina is ready and waiting!

More I than S underwatermechanic's Avatar
    I take it Bob is going to do the rounds of North America first before he comes over to us in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by underwatermechanic View Post
    I take it Bob is going to do the rounds of North America first before he comes over to us in Europe
    No, I chose Jeannie for obvious reasons.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 edge using Tapatalk
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

7. Likes is that my watch liked this post

Blog Entries
    Wow. I'm truly honored to be first, most especially because since this is such a special watch.

So if I understand correctly, I need to take wrist shots that show something of the flavor/culture/history of my little part of the globe and post them on the forum (I assume in this thread), and then choose someone else and forward the watch as well as a souvenir to that individual.

Did I miss anything?

I'm a sucker for an heirloom watch as well as a watch with a story. The idea of adding a little extra to this particular watch's story tickles me to no end.

Jeannie
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .

10. Likes shameless, JAGtime liked this post
    I'm in 100%.

If I remember from WUS the blue whale had a list with the order the watch travelled, a waiting list so to speak. Are we going to do something like that or just have the person who has it send it to the next person of their choosing?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    Wow. I'm truly honored to be first, most especially because since this is such a special watch.

So if I understand correctly, I need to take wrist shots that show something of the flavor/culture/history of my little part of the globe and post them on the forum (I assume in this thread), and then choose someone else and forward the watch as well as a souvenir to that individual.

Did I miss anything?

I'm a sucker for an heirloom watch as well as a watch with a story. The idea of adding a little extra to this particular watch's story tickles me to no end.

Jeannie

Perfecto Jeannie, & each person down the line keeps the trinket/ memento.
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

13. Likes is that my watch liked this post