Likes Likes:  4,766
Page 2 of 156 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Traveling Watch

Hybrid View

Who wants Bob next (preferably in USA)

I'm having trouble finding a next home for Bob. Going down the list isn't working very well - so..here's an open call. If you are on the list, preferably in the US, and would like to host Bob next - please raise your hand.
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KennethRSloan View Post
    I'm having trouble finding a next home for Bob. Going down the list isn't working very well - so..here's an open call. If you are on the list, preferably in the US, and would like to host Bob next - please raise your hand.
    Feel free to send it my way here in North Carolina. Unfortunately I don't have any special trips or other things planned soon, but the NC State Fair is coming up, and that would be full of crazy photo ops. I hope Bob likes fried food:

Scotch Creme Egg

Cadbury creme egg, coated in peanut butter and jam, blast frozen then coated in Cocoa pops and smoked sea salt. Deep fried until crisp.

Quote Originally Posted by OTGabe View Post
    Feel free to send it my way here in North Carolina. Unfortunately I don't have any special trips or other things planned soon, but the NC State Fair is coming up, and that would be full of crazy photo ops. I hope Bob likes fried food:

Scotch Creme Egg

Cadbury creme egg, coated in peanut butter and jam, blast frozen then coated in Cocoa pops and smoked sea salt. Deep fried until crisp.

I almost had a coronary reading that 😂

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

4. Likes OTGabe, watchdaddy1, popoki nui liked this post
    Sold. PM being sent.
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

6. Likes OTGabe, watchdaddy1 liked this post

Struth !.... and I thought the deep-fried Mars bar was unhealthy. .... not to mention revolting.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

8. Likes OTGabe, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    I'm in 100%.

If I remember from WUS the blue whale had a list with the order the watch travelled, a waiting list so to speak. Are we going to do something like that or just have the person who has it send it to the next person of their choosing?

Quote Originally Posted by bu11itt View Post
    I'm in 100%.

If I remember from WUS the blue whale had a list with the order the watch travelled, a waiting list so to speak. Are we going to do something like that or just have the person who has it send it to the next person of their choosing?
    That's up to you all either way, I would love to see it travel to every part of the world & have every1 get in on this assuming they want to participate
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bu11itt View Post
    I'm in 100%.

There are benefits and drawbacks either way. If we don't group it somewhat based on geography, the thread will be slower to update as we wait on a lot of international shipping periods. But the upside is that there will be more variety as it bounces from country to country. If we have it do a tour of Europe, North America, Asia, it will likely move quicker between updates, but with the possibility of several updates in a row from the same part of the world. Either way, we will have to be flexible in cases such as Jeannie and I. We live near each other in the same state, so having it go from her to me might not be ideal even though we would both put a different spin on things.

12. Likes bu11itt liked this post
    There are benefits and drawbacks either way. If we don't group it somewhat based on geography, the thread will be slower to update as we wait on a lot of international shipping periods. But the upside is that there will be more variety as it bounces from country to country. If we have it do a tour of Europe, North America, Asia, it will likely move quicker between updates, but with the possibility of several updates in a row from the same part of the world. Either way, we will have to be flexible in cases such as Jeannie and I. We live near each other in the same state, so having it go from her to me might not be ideal even though we would both put a different spin on things.
    think the local to local would keep the thread fresh but happy anyway
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

charming idea William - nice one