Likes Likes:  6

Thread: New Yachtmaster

New Yachtmaster

There's a quiet revolution at Rolex - they're doing drop-dead gorgeous again.

And no bloated lugs! With a smaller Datejust II and this (not to mention the Tudor North Pole), it looks like Rolex are back on form.

Now sink the sub.

Wow. That really is gorgeous.

Also add to that list the revised Sea-Dweller 4000 which returns to the non-absurd roots of the original, and foregoes the needless excess of the DeepSea.

and two sizes i see 37/40 -they needed to do something with that [in my op []very bland YM Name:  Rolex-Yacht-Master-116655-268655-Everose-Gold-Ceramic-aBlogtoWatch-21.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  38.5 KB

Beautiful! I love the blue dialed model, agreed on the Rolex sentiment . . .

Alan, this it the first I've heard about a smaller Datejust II. Do you have a link?
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    There's a quiet revolution at Rolex - they're doing drop-dead gorgeous again.

And no bloated lugs! With a smaller Datejust II and this (not to mention the Tudor North Pole), it looks like Rolex are back on form.

Now sink the sub.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryF View Post
    Alan, this it the first I've heard about a smaller Datejust II. Do you have a link?

No link. I may have read it in QP magazine - or maybe a blog in the Watchville app.

7. Likes Samanator liked this post
    No link. I may have read it in QP magazine - or maybe a blog in the Watchville app.
    Can't find anything. When you say smaller, what size are we talking about?

Can't remember, Gary.

Sorry, but this was something I read in passing and the details and the time-frame didn't lodge in my mind. I think it was said that a smaller Datejust II was going to follow on from the smaller Day-Date II.

That is very, very nice indeed.

Can't remember, Gary.

Sorry, but this was something I read in passing and the details and the time-frame didn't lodge in my mind. I think it was said that a smaller Datejust II was going to follow on from the smaller Day-Date II.
    Okay, thanks. I'll keep an eye out.
    I've been toying with the idea of getting a Datejust. 38mm is my sweet spot. The current DJ II has such awful proportions to my eye. The thick bezel, enlarged markers and relatively thin bracelet combine to make a bloated, inelegant thing.
    On the other hand, I wouldn't mind something a little bigger than 36mm.