Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: someone asked about PLA, can't find the thread tough....

  1. #1
    Loves to yap about quartz I-B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Hasselt-Limburg-Flanders-Belgium
    Posts
    3,394

    someone asked about PLA, can't find the thread tough....

    Hi fine folks,
    i remember someone asking about toughts on the PLA diver but i can't find the thread. I also remember someone referred to MY PLA in that same thread...Here is the thing :
    the PLA is a great watch, but, the bracelet sux...put it on a Nato or Perlon, andyou have a low budget "submariner"...I have mine for over 2 years now and it's still one of my favourite watches...It holds time just great, if you want to burn 100$, burn it on a PLA... and....buy it from the ever grumpy mr Y.L
    IMG_20140324_092935_zpsfnmyhlle.jpg

    so if the bloke who asked abt the pla (or others) have questions, feel free to ask and i anwer you here.....
    Grtzzzzzzz
    I-B
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by I-B; Jul 15, 2015 at 06:07 PM.

  2. Likes meijlinder, is that my watch liked this post
  3. #2
    What movement?
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

    IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

  4. #3
    Loves to yap about quartz I-B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Hasselt-Limburg-Flanders-Belgium
    Posts
    3,394
    Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    What movement?
    numbel 63, el cheapo
    (miyota 21 jewel)
    Last edited by I-B; Jul 15, 2015 at 06:33 PM.

  5. #4
    The Dude Abides Nokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    3,516
    Very good looking watch.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

  6. #5
    MWC is that my watch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    came for a look stayed for the biskwits
    Posts
    31,126
    Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    Hi fine folks,
    i remember someone asking about toughts on the PLA diver but i can't find the thread. I also remember someone referred to MY PLA in that same thread...Here is the thing :
    the PLA is a great watch, but, the bracelet sux...put it on a Nato or Perlon, andyou have a low budget "submariner"...I have mine for over 2 years now and it's still one of my favourite watches...It holds time just great, if you want to burn 100$, burn it on a PLA... and....buy it from the ever grumpy mr Y.L
    IMG_20140324_092935_zpsfnmyhlle.jpg

    so if the bloke who asked abt the pla (or others) have questions, feel free to ask and i anwer you here.....
    Grtzzzzzzz
    I-B
    probably me we was talking about them awhile back and yes for the life of me can't think which thread either and yes it's on my hit list
    one night I dreamed I was locked in my fathers watch, with Ptolemy and twenty one ruby stars mounted on spheres and the primum mobile coiled and gleaming to the end of space and the notched spheres eating each other's rinds to the last tooth of time and the case closed - John Ciardi ...

    https://emgwatches.com/
    http://www.instagram.com/iyonk_strap/
    http://wristwatchreview.co.uk/

    ЖИЗНЬ НЕ ОСТАНАВЛИВАЕТСЯ, ПРОХОДИТ ТОЛЬКО ВРЕМЯ.
    Russian Watches



  7. Likes I-B liked this post
  8. #6
    MWC is that my watch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    came for a look stayed for the biskwits
    Posts
    31,126
    but had the link to the supplier but lost it when my computer crashed so if you have it that would be great
    one night I dreamed I was locked in my fathers watch, with Ptolemy and twenty one ruby stars mounted on spheres and the primum mobile coiled and gleaming to the end of space and the notched spheres eating each other's rinds to the last tooth of time and the case closed - John Ciardi ...

    https://emgwatches.com/
    http://www.instagram.com/iyonk_strap/
    http://wristwatchreview.co.uk/

    ЖИЗНЬ НЕ ОСТАНАВЛИВАЕТСЯ, ПРОХОДИТ ТОЛЬКО ВРЕМЯ.
    Russian Watches



  9. #7
    Loves to yap about quartz I-B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Hasselt-Limburg-Flanders-Belgium
    Posts
    3,394
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    probably me we was talking about them awhile back and yes for the life of me can't think which thread either and yes it's on my hit list
    Just buy it, you wont regret it ... Its such a nice watch for the money, i posted it in wruw today on a green nato... its one of my favourite watches...

  10. Likes is that my watch liked this post
  11. #8
    MWC is that my watch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    came for a look stayed for the biskwits
    Posts
    31,126
    will do but there are a couple in-front of it at the minute was hoping I might snag one from the bay if the price was right but ant seen one
    one night I dreamed I was locked in my fathers watch, with Ptolemy and twenty one ruby stars mounted on spheres and the primum mobile coiled and gleaming to the end of space and the notched spheres eating each other's rinds to the last tooth of time and the case closed - John Ciardi ...

    https://emgwatches.com/
    http://www.instagram.com/iyonk_strap/
    http://wristwatchreview.co.uk/

    ЖИЗНЬ НЕ ОСТАНАВЛИВАЕТСЯ, ПРОХОДИТ ТОЛЬКО ВРЕМЯ.
    Russian Watches



  12. Likes I-B liked this post
  13. #9
    I'm tempted by one of these, but my Orient Sub kind of scratches that itch
    Apeks | Archimede | Breitling | Bulova | Cabot Watch Company | Casio | Daniel Wellington | Davosa | Glycine | G-Shock | Hamilton | Nomos | Omega | Rolex | Seiko | Slow | Swatch | Timex | Vostok

  14. Likes I-B liked this post
  15. #10
    Loves to yap about quartz I-B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Hasselt-Limburg-Flanders-Belgium
    Posts
    3,394
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    will do but there are a couple in-front of it at the minute was hoping I might snag one from the bay if the price was right but ant seen one
    but...but...they are only 120$ NEW????

    http://www.good-stuffs.com/China-PLA...er-_p_182.html

  16. Likes is that my watch liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are an independent and wide-ranging forum for watch enthusiasts. From mainspring to microchip, from Europe to Asia, from micro-brand to boutique - we cover it all. Novice or expert, we want you to feel at home. Whether it's asking a simple question or contributing to the fund of horological knowledge, it's all the same hobby. Or, if you like, you can just show us a picture of your new watch. We'll provide the welcoming and courteous environment, the rest is up to you!
Join us