Likes Likes:  59
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mid year review

Mid year review

1. How many watches have you bought so far this year? - I only bought one watch this year but sold half of my collection. Downsizing feels good.

2. What's left for the rest of the year? - I have one piece on pre-order that won't be available until the Fall. There are a few other pieces in the back of my mind but not sure if they would fit in my current collection. Adding something German is also an option. We shall see. I'm keeping the rotation at 6-8 pieces.

What about you?
    Last edited by Cybotron; Jun 28, 2020 at 07:08 PM.
    Cheers,

Richard

2. Likes rodia77, hayday, wschofield3, geoffbot liked this post
    1. Four.
    2. One I'm pretty sure I'll go for once it's released. The rest is a great unknown.

4. Likes Cybotron, hayday liked this post
    1. I've bought three watches this year (Explorer, Ironman, and a novelty Timex), and
    2. There are no anticipated purchases for the remainder of the year. I got the Explorer back in February. It's serving as a birthday, anniversary, Christmas, Father's Day, and Valentines's Day gift for the next year or two.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

6. Likes Cybotron, JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post
    1. How many watches have you bought so far this year? - I only bought one watch this year but sold half of my collection. Downsizing feels good.

2. What's left for the rest of the year? - I have one piece on pre-order that won't be available until the Fall. There are a few other pieces in the back of my mind but not sure if they would fit in my current collection. Adding something German is also an option. We shall see. I'm keeping the rotation at 6-8 pieces.

What about you?
    Wouldn't it feel better to round up to an even ten?
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post

What about you?
    I think this thread needs a question 1.5 What did you sell or give away from your collection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

Quote Originally Posted by WWII70 View Post
    I think this thread needs a question 1.5 What did you sell or give away from your collection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mebbe you should do the calculation before answering the question 1? Let's see who's going to be the first to answer with a negative number.

10. Likes Cybotron liked this post
    January - CWC Mellor-72
    Had to. Things so far up my street don’t come along too often.

February - Seiko SRP777
    Had to. 6309 reissue for peanuts.

April - Nomos Metro
    Didn’t have to, but very glad that lockdown put me in the mood for a treat.

Citizen Stiletto on the way.

12. Likes hayday, Cybotron, geoffbot liked this post
    1. I'm at a net zero this year. Bought the Navitimer in January, and got the Sinn U50 earlier this month. The H2O Orca went as partial trade for the Breitling, and the Zodiac Super Sea Wolf titanium meandered over to Robert's collection.

2. Nothing for sure, and only one maybe, but it's a big one. I'm going to have the opportunity to try on the Lange Odysseus next week. I'm very much on the fence from the pictures/videos I've seen (especially given the price), but several people who've actually seen it say it is far far better than that in person. I'm still reserving judgment, but if it knocks me out, I might go for it. And if I did, two watches would leave the stable, so I continue to decrease my total (which admittedly is still a couple dozen).

Blog Entries
    1) I bought two preowned watches - Zodiac SeaWolf from mlcor in January, and Chronoswiss Sirius in February.
    1.5) I sold one - Orient 60th Anniversary - to HSHeroPup
    2) plans: I would love to sell a few more and maybe gift some, but I haven't yet. I don't *plan* to buy anything, but sometimes it's hard to pass up an opportunity. Higher end of the search lists include JLC Reverso midsize, 38mm UN Marine Chronometer (Roman), maybe Seiko with porcelain dial if they could make them 38x10mm instead of 41x13mm.
    Last edited by skywatch; Jun 28, 2020 at 11:48 PM.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

15. Likes Cybotron, hayday, JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    1. I'm at a net zero this year. Bought the Navitimer in January, and got the Sinn U50 earlier this month. The H2O Orca went as partial trade for the Breitling, and the Zodiac Super Sea Wolf titanium meandered over to Robert's collection.

2. Nothing for sure, and only one maybe, but it's a big one. I'm going to have the opportunity to try on the Lange Odysseus next week. I'm very much on the fence from the pictures/videos I've seen (especially given the price), but several people who've actually seen it say it is far far better than that in person. I'm still reserving judgment, but if it knocks me out, I might go for it. And if I did, two watches would leave the stable, so I continue to decrease my total (which admittedly is still a couple dozen).

I've heard the same about the Odysseus. Still not a fan of the bracelet though.
    Cheers,

Richard