• maybe

3 30.00%
  • no

1 10.00%
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: **** Shall we or shan't we do a more for a score comp ****

well done matt

1) matt - replay

Once upon a time, Mussolini made the trains run on time. Sadly, like so many stories, it's just not true. He made certain expresses carrying journalists and dignitaries run on time, and damn the chaos elsewhere. Sound familiar? However, after the war, the Italian rail network actually started to be something to be proud of and became a symbol of the new high tech Italy. While the Cortebert spin off Perseo had the monopoly during the fascist period, after the war, the Ferrovie dello Stato came up with a loose specification for an Italian State railway watch and accepted tenders from pretty well anyone who could meet the slightly less than exacting standards. As long as they looked nice...

Which they did. Universal Geneve, maker of cult watches to the gentry, produced a series of watches for the Ferrovie dello Stato that still manage the remarkable feat of having been cult watches for as long as I've been collecting without every flying anywhere but under the radar. However, there are a whole raft of even less well known FS watches by all sorts of manufactures. All share the FS logo on the back and most come with a while enamel dial with blued stick hands. So while I have no idea who Replay are or even if they are a brand or just the model, I can tell a nice FS watch when I see one.

And I'm looking at one right now.

The movement, a Unitas 6378 is a rock solid movement but the level of finish hints at where the money was spent...

However, the watch survived a few days of scrambling in Snowdonia before being cleaned and fettled - which is barely true of its owner... I'm pretty sure that this is my entry as the screw in the Girard Perregaux isn't succumbing to alum fast enough.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

last round is up

good luck both

**** Mfas lockdown edition ****Grand finally ****

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

well done matt is the winner for the more for a score lock down edition well played all hope you had fun and a nice time playing

1) matt - replay

Once upon a time, Mussolini made the trains run on time. Sadly, like so many stories, it's just not true. He made certain expresses carrying journalists and dignitaries run on time, and damn the chaos elsewhere. Sound familiar? However, after the war, the Italian rail network actually started to be something to be proud of and became a symbol of the new high tech Italy. While the Cortebert spin off Perseo had the monopoly during the fascist period, after the war, the Ferrovie dello Stato came up with a loose specification for an Italian State railway watch and accepted tenders from pretty well anyone who could meet the slightly less than exacting standards. As long as they looked nice...

Which they did. Universal Geneve, maker of cult watches to the gentry, produced a series of watches for the Ferrovie dello Stato that still manage the remarkable feat of having been cult watches for as long as I've been collecting without every flying anywhere but under the radar. However, there are a whole raft of even less well known FS watches by all sorts of manufactures. All share the FS logo on the back and most come with a while enamel dial with blued stick hands. So while I have no idea who Replay are or even if they are a brand or just the model, I can tell a nice FS watch when I see one.

And I'm looking at one right now.

The movement, a Unitas 6378 is a rock solid movement but the level of finish hints at where the money was spent...

However, the watch survived a few days of scrambling in Snowdonia before being cleaned and fettled - which is barely true of its owner... I'm pretty sure that this is my entry as the screw in the Girard Perregaux isn't succumbing to alum fast enough.

send me a p.m with the address and will post them off in the morning mate

now the badge if geoff is sober enough to do it great it not you might need to buzz another mod
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy