Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi everyone!

Hi everyone!

Hello all, this looks like a great place to find out information about watches My grandpa was a jeweler and he particularly loved time pieces. We have a lot of interesting watches and clocks from his collection. I have been searching for information about one particular watch that I don't even know if it came from his collection or not. It is in an envelope that says The League Created by Seiko. It looks almost like a sports issue of a Seiko watch (though the watch itself is not sporty) All of the information and the certificate that came with it are in Japanese so I have no idea what it's all about. I am mostly just interested in learning what it was for and I haven't been able to find any information anywhere else so I am hoping someone here might be familiar with this series. The little instruction manual has a 2K22.2K23 on it and the watch itself has a "League" logo (Crest with an L in it) and the number 8N0213. Thanks in advance for any information you might have

welcome pics normal happen in these type thread so we can see what you got

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Welcome! Is it this one?

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  104.1 KB

4. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Welcome. Definitely looking for some pics to help with something like this.
    IWL ROLEX/TUDOR FORUM HELMUT UHREN ATELIER

Fine bespoke leather straps & accessories

Black Friday sale now on... discount code BlackFriday2016 saves you 49% no limit!

Ah of course, pictures! Ha ha. Here are a couple of the watch and the envelope. Name:  20150808_195513.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  24.5 KBName:  20150808_195629.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  36.7 KB

That one is a nice one!

From one newcomer to another, welcome!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by beverlywesterby View Post
    Ah of course, pictures! Ha ha. Here are a couple of the watch and the envelope. Name:  20150808_195513.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  24.5 KBName:  20150808_195629.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  36.7 KB
    not one I recognise but not that up on Seiko. A lovely one none the least bet our Seiko members will be along in a minute to tell all but you could also ask in here

Japanese Watches

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Welcome to the forum!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Hello, Beverley - and welcome.

That's an interesting watch, but I can't help you with more information about it. I've Googled, but probably only found the few references that you have. It looks like it might be a retro design - i.e. not as old as it might appear at first glance.

From pictures of one similar model I found, it looks as though it might have a quartz 5P31 movement. From that, I'd guess it was a 1980s model.

12. Likes Der Amf, is that my watch liked this post