Likes Likes:  3

Thread: How to tell you haven't opened the quartz watch box in awhile!

How to tell you haven't opened the quartz watch box in awhile!

You can tell because when you do open it every watch is dead. So much for a quick grab-n-go. I need to have a battery day.

Oh, and every auto is down as well.

2020-07-02_07-41-52 by Chuck Miller, on Flickr
    Last edited by chuckmiller; Jul 2, 2020 at 11:49 PM.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

2. Likes Sedi liked this post
    One reason I only wear solar when wearing quartz. And they are all on the window sill so always fully charged. Sure, a rechargeable battery might go dead one day, too, but it will probably take quite a while longer than a normal one. If I opened my case with all the standard battery quartz watches, it will probably look much the same. A couple have ten year batteries, so those might still be going.
    Cheers, Sedi

4. Likes Samanator liked this post
    Similar here.
    Just noticed that Cousins are selling my favourite batteries, Seizaiken, for way cheaper than I was getting from my usual seller on eBay. Less than half the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    One reason I only wear solar when wearing quartz. And they are all on the window sill so always fully charged. Sure, a rechargeable battery might go dead one day, too, but it will probably take quite a while longer than a normal one. If I opened my case with all the standard battery quartz watches, it will probably look much the same. A couple have ten year batteries, so those might still be going.
    Agree, while at the moment all of my Quartz are G Shocks with solar. I have a glass topped watch box by the window. Adding to the grab and go capability is four of the five are connected and one is just atomic.

Now my wife’s box needs a battery day soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Samanator; Jul 8, 2020 at 01:41 AM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

7. Likes Sedi liked this post