Likes Likes:  2,744
Page 10 of 196 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Today I want one of these

I have bought 3 watches from Good Stuffs. Each had some kind of flaw.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

2. Likes skywatch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    The Constellations are far too ritzy for me (the blue one puts me in mind of Tutankhamen), but the GO squares are refined and very appealing.
    That's kind of strange since looking back the GO (which I've had twice in blue) just does not have the wow factor to me. I was thinking why did I even post those? I think the last time was because the blue was not as nice as I remember it. The Rhodium color seems to work better. I also like the the hands and indexes on the GO are white gold which always seem to have a better color of silver to me.

I kind of like and dislike that the Constellations are a bit loud, I'm just never going to truly love anything with Roman Numerals. Not clear how loud ages?

On the Breitling I got to see the copper dial a week ago. Truth be told it was a little bland based on what I was expecting. I need to go see it again in a few weeks to see if that feeling stays. I have not seen the green or the two tone models of the Chronomat 42. This watch looks much bigger that a 42mm.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Blog Entries
    I didn't know this existed. A 39mm no date Globemaster.

Too bad it's platinum and $40,700. Do a steel version, please.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It is perhaps inevitable that making a decision to find time for the forum (really a mental health decision — more on that another time) would lead to a period of acquisition fever.

Not sure I’ll pull the trigger, but I have been eyeing the Hamilton “Hack”

and Timefactors Smiths Military PRS29-AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
    I have been eyeing the Hamilton “Hack” and Timefactors Smiths Military PRS29-AM.

Perfectly understandable.

I don't understand why anyone would want it.

Name:  signal-2020-07-23-122240.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  40.5 KB

I'd discourage you on account of too many of these crowding the forum already.

9. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
    It is perhaps inevitable that making a decision to find time for the forum (really a mental health decision — more on that another time) would lead to a period of acquisition fever.

Not sure I’ll pull the trigger, but I have been eyeing the Hamilton “Hack”

and Timefactors Smiths Military PRS29-AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have never even held the Smith's so all I know about it is it's a really good looking watch.

The Hamilton is a true bargain imo just for the movement alone. Buttery smooth winding and if wound daily mine gains just a little over a second per day. I also love the sapphire crystal, lume which while not torch bright is both bright enough and long lasting, and drilled lugs.

Downsides are the finish which was too matte imo (I polish mine periodically and it's about where I prefer now), the dead sharp corner at the top of the lugs (I have rounded mine slightly), and the ridiculously long lug to lug which makes it great with a NATO strap but leaves a big gap with a bracelet.

Here is mine on a vintage style rivet with some photos showing what I mean.

That said if I lost all my watches tomorrow it would be one of three I would buy again.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

11. Likes rodia77, Sedi, gnuyork, Strela167, Kronos, hayday, Greg liked this post
    Here’s my write up of the Air Ministry, in case Kronos hasn’t seen it -

https://www.intlwatchleague.com/show...s-Air-Ministry

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post

Wow, a Christopher Ward I actually like. I have nothing to complain about. I like that.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

14. Likes gnuyork, whatmeworry, jbglock liked this post