Likes Likes:  3

Thread: SOLD - Buran-Volmax Aviator 24 hour, cal. 2623, Limited Edition of 200

Blog Entries

SOLD - Buran-Volmax Aviator 24 hour, cal. 2623, Limited Edition of 200

SOLD - $270 by Paypal,
    includes fees and postage within USA + Canada

I am the original owner, purchased from Finland in 2013.
    All packaging is included: box, manual, hang tag, original unworn strap with Aviator tang buckle.
    I will include a very attractive IWM matte buffalo stitched strap, currently on the watch.
    Dimensions: 40mm x 11mm, mineral crystal, 20mm lug width
    Movement: Poljot 2623 with date, manual wind 17 jewel
    Lumed numerals and hands.
    Model number A-2623-1225830, edition number 34/200

An edition of 200 of these watches were built with some of the only remaining NOS date-version of the famed 2623 movement.
    Alas, the date wheels on these movements were not always perfectly aligned, so you’ll see that the date is slightly uncentered in the window. Poljot expert Irina Maier explained that this is unavoidable with these movements. The hand-wind is very smooth and the watch runs fairly accurately (last measure + ~15 sec/day). In the two years I have owned the watch, I probably wore it about 10 times, in a rotation with over 40 other watches.

Of all the 24 hour dials, I still find this one to be the most attractive and balanced. I’m selling it because I hardly ever wear other 24 hour watches besides the Glycine Airman I found last year, so this one just sits around a lot.

Name:  P1010018.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  87.2 KB

Name:  P1010019.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  81.3 KB

Name:  P1010021.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  81.0 KB

Name:  P1010022.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  63.3 KB

===
    I’m trying to keep an oversized collection in check. I try to give full disclosure about known conditions. I don't make profit on my sales, so I prefer to ship only in north America, but I'm flexible if you are. Selling as-is. I promise I am describing full known condition (veering towards negatives for this reason, knowing and sharing our slightly obsessive WIS nature.) Price includes Paypal fees and shipping USA/Canada first class un-insured. (If you want special or overseas shipping we can discuss extra costs.) I have purchased and sold many watches as “skywatch” on WUS, with good feedback. Also this on IWL: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...eat-seller-*** Thanks! - Robert
    ===
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

2. Likes OhDark30, boatme99, OTGabe liked this post
    Blog Entries
    This watch is now sold (for $265 minus the buffalo strap.) It appears that sales posts older than a certain date can't be edited so I am bouncing this instead.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.