Likes Likes:  73
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When did selling watches get so hard?

When did selling watches get so hard?

The number of watches I own has finally reached a tipping point, so I decided to sell off quite a few and get things down to a reasonable number. I haven't sold a watch in a while and I am shocked at the correspondence I get from people.

I had someone pm me this morning saying he was interested and asked what was my best price. I responded by asking him which watch he was interested in because I had listed several and also let him know that I had dropped my asking price. He came back with a quite unpleasant message involving name calling and telling me he was no longer interested because I said I had dropped my asking price.

When did people stop being courteous on the sales boards? I have had so many good experiences buying and selling in the past that I was shocked by how much things have changed.

Lots of keyboard warriors out there, and since this place took a lot of the nice people, that place has become much less civilized.

Just ignore the trolls and take emotion out of it. Your watches will eventually sell. I'm about to do the same.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

^^^ What he said

And the sale board has really started to take off here I would say list them here to double your chances and maybe reaffirm your faith in man when you get some polite responses
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

4. Likes rfortson, FuzzyB, popoki nui, JAGtime liked this post
    I list things here for a month. If no takers, I list them elsewhere as well.

6. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    ^^^ What he said

And the sale board has really started to take off here I would say list them here to double your chances and maybe reaffirm your faith in man when you get some polite responses
    Well that was definitely an oversight on my part! I visited the sales board in the early days but have not looked at it in a while.

8. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    I remember a time it used to be easy to sell a watch I'm at the same point you are I've reached way too many watches and trying to sell them has turned n2 a major hassle.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 edge using Tapatalk
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I list things here for a month. If no takers, I list them elsewhere as well.
    He doesn't even have to list them sometimes

11. Likes FuzzyB, popoki nui liked this post
    I only manage to sell my watches a couple of time in the past because i was really short on cash.. i stop selling since usually people only offer me a 'cruel offering' ... since then i just simple give a way to my relative or close ones that need watches...

13. Likes Uber, is that my watch, synequano, Matt liked this post
    I usual list it here first, then another small board and finally that other place...
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

15. Likes scott59 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    I only manage to sell my watches a couple of time in the past because i was really short on cash.. i stop selling since usually people only offer me a 'cruel offering' ... since then i just simple give a way to my relative or close ones that need watches...
    well mine are never worth much to start with so tend to gift them to other watch geeks or gift to one of my local charity shops as there are a few I support regular.

but the few I could do well with would be done on here as members know the fair price on a watch and it's worth so you get less of the b.s that way

and have bought probably ten off the sales forum so far
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

17. Likes iyonk liked this post