Likes Likes:  251
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Saturday - 25 July 2020 »»»»»»»»»

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    What a lovely old Hammie. My grandfather's daily watch was a 1928 Hamilton tonneau, and I still associate the brand as one of the best of that era. I plan to pull out my '60s Thin-o-matic in a day or two. I hope those skin chunks are healing well. I need to get back to a dermatologist soon to freeze off some odd bits on my head (a risk of hairlessness, alas.) So, yeah, I empathize.
    Thanks, Robert. My father passed away when I was in my teens, but I remember this watch vividly. He wore it on a gold Spiedel band, with one of those little metal folding calendar things you could put on the band each month.

Years ago I went on the Hamilton forum to get help trying to identify the model. The unanimous conclusion was that this was a special order, which makes sense since it was an inscribed gift to him when he left a job.

The bad news is that they didn't get all of it on one of the forehead areas, so I'm going to have to go back in a month or so for another round.

2. Likes skywatch, stew77 liked this post

Regards Phil
    Moderator German Watches & Dive Watches

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gulfman today - 2nd Generation (9100 Series).
    This one is solar and atomic (multi band 5) GW-9100-1. There was a slightly later “upgraded version” (GW-9110) - which is multi band 6. Both have long since been discontinued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

««««««««« WRUW - Saturday - 25 July 2020 »»»»»»»»»

Last day of family trip, managed check one more watch store. They had a nice selection from Nomos and GO, plus some wild Zeniths.

Did a walk before leaving the hotel, and spotted some interesting birds.

Next a visit to an art museum I’ve never been into. They had an interesting collection of Asian and Central American artifacts, plus also modern art including several Henry Moore statues.

Then off to a shopping center to get some gifts for brother and his family when visiting their new home.

Sparkling rose is always a good present during summer.

Now back home, needed a walk after long drive. Still pretty light at 10:30 PM.

Sent from Maxwell Smart’s shoe.
    Last edited by Fantasio; Jul 25, 2020 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Added a pic

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post

That model was a huge favourite with me at one time. My liking for it comes back, looking at your picture.