Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Anybody know anything about Home Camera Systems?

Blog Entries

Anybody know anything about Home Camera Systems?

I need one and I have no idea where to start. Would love to use Amazon if possible. What should I look for (features)?

Get some 'IP cameras' , you only have to run power to them then.

....as long as they're in range of the router that is, otherwise you'll have to run a RJ45 cable to them too.

the more money you spend more or less, the better res. Obviously.
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Get some 'IP cameras' , you only have to run power to them then.

....as long as they're in range of the router that is, otherwise you'll have to run a RJ45 cable to them too.

the more money you spend more or less, the better res. Obviously.
    I have some of those inside. My wireless is spotty living in the country. So I want to hardwire these.

Lorex makes a wired HD (1080p) system. They have them at Cosco much cheaper than I could find them on Amazon. I have a 8 channel system. It was great while I was in the hospital that I could view the outside of our home and the dogs running around in the back via my phone or ipad. It was about $400 at Cosco with 8 day/night cameras. The night in 1080p is very sharp compared to most cameras.

I do not see an advantage to IP or wireless cameras since you need to still run power. I also used a Netgear wifi extender to log into my network and provide the remote network connection to wire the DVR box to allow remote viewing.
    Last edited by Samanator; Apr 12, 2017 at 03:30 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

5. Likes Broker liked this post
    Anyone have the ring doorbell camera, is it any good, would you recommend? Looking to upgrade security for my apartment and only have one point of entry so no need for a dedicated camera system.