Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Some of you are world wide travelers

Some of you are world wide travelers

Would you, could you?

https://youtu.be/TyfJTJWSayY

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

2. Likes crownpuller liked this post
    Sure; though it would depend upon how many other people were on it at the time. I wouldn't be comfortable if it/they were 'rammed' with people. I wouldn't enjoy it if it were a case of shuffling along with a mass of others.

"... a fifteen ton (tonne) vehicle was driven over the bridge..." ... Since when did a Volvo XC90 weigh 15 tons ? Even the armoured ones 'only' weigh 4.5 tonnes !
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    Would you, could you?

From the safety of my chair I'm saying yes, but as I have fear of heights, I can't guarantee that I wouldn't go weak at the knees when actually there. When on the Golden Gate Bridge, I kept to the road side and was pretty much clutching the railing when going near the edge to have a look and take photos. That being said, I once bungee-jumped exactly BECAUSE I knew I had the fear of heights.

Would you, could you?

Probably not. I’m not great with heights, but did once manage to go ballooning. Sometimes I had to distract myself from the thought that there was only a thin bit of wicker beneath my feet. At one point, my eye fell on a little brass plaque attached to the side of the basket. Bending a little to read it (which made the basket sway), I saw that it said ‘Made by The Blind Institute of Bristol’.

Blog Entries
    Would you, could you?

I guess my question is why would I? It does not bother me, but of all the places I want to travel and have not been able to, this would be at the bottom of the bucket list. I am not scared, but really, I would rather go to Scotland and drink single malt scotch than fly to walk on a bridge. That is, unless they served single malt scotch while you walked. LOLOLOLOL!

Blog Entries
    I'm not afraid of it, but it's not my sort of tourist destination. I would rather spend the day at a museum.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan R View Post
    ... of all the places I want to travel and have not been able to, this would be at the bottom of the bucket list.
    Likewise. If I were 'in the neighbourhood' I'd go do it, but wouldn't travel half the world just to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan R View Post
    ... I would rather go to Scotland and drink single malt scotch ...
    Who wouldn't ?! ... and there's an awful lot of them to try, so could be stuck there for years.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Probably not. I’m not great with heights, but did once manage to go ballooning. Sometimes I had to distract myself from the thought that there was only a thin bit of wicker beneath my feet. At one point, my eye fell on a little brass plaque attached to the side of the basket. Bending a little to read it (which made the basket sway), I saw that it said ‘Made by The Blind Institute of Bristol’.
    That should be a scene in a movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Would you, could you?

Upon careful consideration, not likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk