Likes Likes:  64
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yes....it's here!

Yes....it's here!

Yep. It's the JR I ordered last weekend, and it actually arrived at my door steps on Thursday, but I wasn't home to receive it.

I manage to get in touch with the local UPS and arranged for a self-pick up this evening. And here it is.......

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437403458.912800.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  53.0 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437403471.132240.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  53.7 KB

I like everything about it - design, colors, raised indices, date wheel thar doesn't distract......all except for one thing.....

There have always been queries if certain watches were a tad too big on some people's wrists, and in some cases, some can get away with them.

I have tried on the 44mm sometime back, and I did feel it was a tad too big.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437403807.264772.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  39.7 KB

So, I ordered the 39mm. When I first opened the box, the first thing that hit me was "this looks like a lady's watch"! And when I strap it on, it really was a tad too small (IMO of course), and that could be a function of me being used to dive watches.

Just then, my wife walked pass and very innocently remarked "is that for me?"..... Well, no harm letting her try on.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437404120.267189.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  32.8 KB

The rest is history....she liked it very much, so off that goes into her watch box.

Sigh .... All the anticipation for nothing. Well, maybe this will give me a better reason to get a replacement...... JP - I liked how you paired your JR with your gold bracelet and ring. I thought they were very nice. I permanently wear a gold bracelet on my left wrist....perhaps.....hmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Some how messed up the pics....the last wrist shot is on my right wrist, while the earlier wrist shot (left wrist) is on my wife's.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't say it was too small on your wrist, but then again I think it also looks a good size on your wife's wrist.Perhaps it is the dark face that makes the 44 look a tad to big on the first pic.
    Perhaps a 44 in white for you to match?
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

4. Likes Nutty28 liked this post
    i think it look very beautiful and 39mm look so perfect on your wrist Nutty... can you get it back?

6. Likes Nutty28 liked this post
    Well, at least your wife has good taste.

8. Likes Nutty28 liked this post
    It looks fine on your wrist Nutty! Get it back!

10. Likes Nutty28 liked this post
    I think it looks excellent on both wrists. The short lugs make for a flexible size that can work well on many wrist sizes.

12. Likes JAGtime, mlcor, BigSeikoFan, Nutty28 liked this post
    Have you got a picture of Mrs Nutty with a 44mm JR on? I just ask as I was looking at one for MrsO but the ladies models I liked were 44mm
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

I think it's a very generous thing you did to give the 39mm to your wife. That's very sweet. You've earned a replacement!

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

15. Likes JAGtime, Colin, Nutty28, Uber liked this post
    I think the 39mm fits you perfectly, Nutty! If your wife really likes it, however, then be gracious...and begin thinking of your replacement watch!

17. Likes meijlinder, Nutty28 liked this post