Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Got rain?

Michael, are you expecting any storm surge?

Capture4 by Chuck Miller, on Flickr

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

Got my share in southern Mass been 4 hours watching these fellas dismantle an Acacia that took out the power lines in front of the house

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Next..

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

4. Likes Kronos liked this post
    G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    Next..
    Uh oh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    Hey Samanator, strap down your beach chairs. You and I are going to get wet.

2020-07-28_04-04-10 by Chuck Miller, on Flickr
    To be expected in August. As you are aware we get thunderstorms sometimes with higher wind gusts than a cat 1 hurricane. We're designed pretty well for a lot of water.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    We call them drizzles here.
    I've been to Ireland quite a few times including diner in Cork on a few occasions. The bay there freaks me out how it goes from empty to boats floating in water for a yacht race there in less than an hour. I've not seen thunder storms anything like south and central Florida anywhere. Inches of rain in minutes is a bit above a drizzle.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

9. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    This is down to the differences between American and Irish English:
    rain - grand weather, eh
    rainstorm - rain
    snowstorm - rain
    thunderstorm - rain
    sunshine - /no equivalent/
    cyclone - drizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    I've not seen thunder storms anything like south and central Florida anywhere. Inches of rain in minutes is a bit above a drizzle.
    I'm not exactly what you'd call 'well travelled'; but I have experienced Florida rain in all its glory: One time on the way back to the villa from Universal, on the I4, bright sunshine one minute, the next I was doing <10 mph because I couldn't see 3 feet in front of us ! The cloud & rain was so heavy, the sat-nav missed our junction. THE most stressed I've ever been 'behind the wheel'.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

12. Likes Samanator liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    I'm not exactly what you'd call 'well travelled'; but I have experienced Florida rain in all its glory: One time on the way back to the villa from Universal, on the I4, bright sunshine one minute, the next I was doing <10 mph because I couldn't see 3 feet in front of us ! The cloud & rain was so heavy, the sat-nav missed our junction. THE most stressed I've ever been 'behind the wheel'.
    Had rain like that on the autobahn going though the black forrest. Cars pulling over due to misting. At the time still on bikes, so unclipped a visor stud and a sideways glance cleared. The motomad onepice leaked a little from memory, unheard of. Sun came out aproaching Basel