Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Username list?

Username list?

I already can't remember people's names.

Has anyone ever seen a forum sticky where usernames are equated to the user's real name?

There isn't ...maybe people won't/don't want their real name in the public domain ?

We could always start an introductions thread for people who aren't bothered?

I'm not talking about forcing people to.

I'm saying that most new members are providing names and that I want to be able to access a list so that I can be cordial. I'm awful with names. It's my primary defect.

.... what was your name again by the way?

I didn't think for one minute you wanted to force people into it lol

You can't expect to remember everyone anyway, I'm useless with putting names to faces too , same in real life especially with my customers !

6. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    Are you suggesting that people can add it to their profile and make their name visible that way? The way it is, I don't see any names in that list.

Hmmm, yeah you could use that if the site owners added an optional 'real name' option in everyones profile, then added that 'real name' field into that list , you'd have what you wanted

Quote Originally Posted by RobotAZ View Post
    Are you suggesting that people can add it to their profile and make their name visible that way? The way it is, I don't see any names in that list.
    Real name isn't a field in the profile settings, so no. Unless they have included it in their biography, that is.

However, the member list is a useful way of looking at the list of current members.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Hmmm, yeah you could use that if the site owners added an optional 'real name' option in everyones profile, then added that 'real name' field into that list , you'd have what you wanted
    That's a good idea, if it's feasible.

I put my name in my signature, but most don't. Normally I wouldn't care but this forum has a family feel and I think it would be nice to put anything in place that's possible for allowing users to keep it that way as it grows.

Off topic, but has anyone noticed that lines wrapping really quickly on a phone as you type cause you to form insane run-ons? I'm awful when I'm on my phone. I digress...

Quote Originally Posted by RobotAZ View Post
    That's a good idea, if it's feasible.
    You should point them to this thread via the suggestions thread