Here’s a newish Prospex ref. that I had intended to post a few weeks ago, but (allow me to quickly clear my throat) somehow I forgot. :-/

The Sumo fans among you might well have seen the glitzy new GINZA Sumo – well this is a return normality, not a hint of gold anywhere.

Rather this new Sumo draws attention to itself with an ocean blue dial and bezel plus a bold pop of lime / acid green which has been used for its seconds indicator as well as it WR-text.

JDM Ref. SBDC113 is a Limited Edition of 1’000 pieces. It has and MSRP of 104,500 JPY (incl. tax) 95,000 JPY excl. tax. I am unaware of any non JDM refs, at the moment.

Like any modern-day Sumo, this watch gets 45mm Stainless steel case with DiaShield protection, a Sapphire crystal and dial with Seiko Lumibrite on its hands and indexs.

Diver’s features include: a screw-down case-back and crown, a diver’s bezel also with LumiBrite, anti-magnetic resistance and 200m of water-resistance.

Powering the watch is a 24 jewel, Seiko 6R35 automatic with a hacking seconds hand and date function. The 6R35 has an accuracy of +25 to -15 seconds per day.

STOP WHALING in JAPAN

More...