Likes Likes:  37
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada Post "Adventure".

Canada Post "Adventure".

So the ongoing Canada Post adventure:

I am getting a package from Austria. The seller paid for 6 day delivery. It is in Saskatoon on Wednesday scheduled for Thursday delivery to the shop, which would be an acceptable 7 days. The sort facility is less than 2 kms away form it's final destination. On Friday morning it is in Ottawa, 2800 kms east of where it should be. I am informed by the helpful person on the phone that it was misdirected to Ottawa because an actual living person had to touch it. At this point everyone knows exactly where the package is, but the Postal employee does not start a service ticket. When I see it in Montreal on Saturday I phone again and am wrongly informed that I cannot start a service ticket. This must be done by my friend Peter in Austria. Peter cannot start a service ticket because it still shows as in transit and therefore his postal service can't interfere. Yesterday, after being listed as on a truck for some 56 hours I finally get someone to start a ticket for me. Today I am told that because a ticket has been started I must wait five days to even hope for an answer, though this person swears that she knows exactly where the package is. I have been informed on numerous occasions that the postal code is in fact correct, so there was no error on Peter's part.

Unbelievable, Henry! Some of the employees of Canada's Post must be reading too much Kafka. The situation sounds truly absurd. Maybe it will inspire a painting from you. I hope you get your watch soon, Henry!

3. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGtime View Post
    Unbelievable, Henry! Some of the employees of Canada's Post must be reading too much Kafka. The situation sounds truly absurd. Maybe it will inspire a painting from you. I hope you get your watch soon, Henry!
    That painting would certainly move my work into a dark and grim direction. It could be cathartic, though.

I empathize, HK. A couple of my April giveaway watches went on similar excursions, and poor Iyonk still hasn't received his (although that may be the doings of the mail system over there. It's difficult to know anymore).

I hope yours arrives soon.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

6. Likes Henry Krinkle, JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    I empathize, HK. A couple of my April giveaway watches went on similar excursions, and poor Iyonk still hasn't received his (although that may be the doings of the mail system over there. It's difficult to know anymore).

I hope yours arrives soon.

~Sherry.
    Thanks Sherry. I hope so too. While the watch is not super rare, the entire package is something that will be a really unique addition to my collection. Also, it has special meaning to Peter, who sold it to me, and knew that he could entrust it to my care.

8. Likes JAGtime, scottjc liked this post
    I'm intrigued to know what you've got from Peter, hope it turns up soon mate.
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    Thanks Sherry. I hope so too. While the watch is not super rare, the entire package is something that will be a really unique addition to my collection. Also, it has special meaning to Peter, who sold it to me, and knew that he could entrust it to my care.
    I hear ya. I really feel for Iyonk. He was so excited to win a couple of cool and unique watches, and I fear now that they're lost forever. And....I could have purchased the tracking options, as I found out later, contrary to what the brain-dead customer "service" rep told me at the time. All we can do now is wait.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

I hear ya. I really feel for Iyonk. He was so excited to win a couple of cool and unique watches, and I fear now that they're lost forever. And....I could have purchased the tracking options, as I found out later, contrary to what the brain-dead customer "service" rep told me at the time. All we can do now is wait.
    I have had that problem too. "Oh, no, that's not available."

I really hope he eventually gets those watches too.

A few years ago I made a trade with a fellow Radoiste from Turkey. I received his watch wore it numerous times, had it stolen, made an insurance claim, found a replacement, had insurance pay for it, received it in the mail and was wearing it, before Zafer finally got the watch I mailed him. He wore it once and then his wife claimed spousal rights on it...

12. Likes FuzzyB, JAGtime, scottjc, popoki nui liked this post
    The watch I sent to him is still in the system somewhere, too. I guess it is now a race to see which one will get there first.

14. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Hearing stories like that makes me appreciate the US postal service that much more. I have never had an issue with lost or misdirected packages and they almost always arrive on schedule.

At least the watch will arrive with an even more interesting story.

16. Likes JAGtime liked this post