Likes Likes:  47

Thread: So Nice To Work With Real Watch Enthusiasts!

So Nice To Work With Real Watch Enthusiasts!

Normally I don't start posts, but prefer to respond accordingly, and I know this probably needs to go into the "Good Deals feedback" section, (And the Mods can move this if they wish), but I wanted to post a very positive experience I had with a fellow IWL member to highlight why this site is so much more professional and enjoyable to be a part of than all other watch sites out there, IMHO.

This was the first time (but certainly not the last), that I bought a watch on the IWL Sales Forum.

Unlike certain other "sites", where you never know if you are dealing with an adult or not when it comes to buying and selling, I knew I was working with a quality individual the minute we started exchanging info.

I contacted IWL member "Uber" about a watch he was selling and immediately he responded back to me with a very detailed description of the watch as well as taking the time to answer all of my questions very thoroughly as well as providing a number of support pictures and all of his contact info.

We are able to work out a deal in under two hours and that included the shipping logistics from Canada to California. This was yesterday, and I will have the watch in my hot little hands by tomorrow!

In all of my years of buying and selling, this has to be one of the best and most complete transactions I have ever had the pleasure of being involved with.

I don't experience that on WUS, TZ, WF, etc. Most there either hit and run, or are just plain nuts in their expectations.

He also took the time to introduce himself as a IWL member (Never had that pleasure on the other site), and it made me appreciate why I like this place so much.

The people here on IWL are great ambassadors for this hobby and given the discussion with other current threads about where IWL is now and what potential it has, it was just a breath of fresh air to interact with a fellow enthusiast.

We should all appreciate the members here on this forum, especially for those of us who have had bad experiences with in the past with people who have no business buying or selling watches regardless of the watch site.

Not only are the forums here great but I am now a total fan of the Sales Forum as well.

Thanks Marcus, you were great to work with, and I am very happy to be an IWL member here!

Now back to our regularly scheduled program..........
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

That's all very well and good , but where's the photo's of the watch now !

3. Likes pepperami, OhDark30 liked this post
    Based on the thread I started last week, I can't tell you how appreciative I am of decent people to buy/sell/trade watches. There seems to be a real shortage of them these days and it can really make a transaction pleasant. In the past, I've had some great conversations with people as a result of the sales boards even if it didn't result in a sale. That doesn't seem to happen as much anymore, but I can see why the IWL sales boards would lead to more happy transactions.

5. Likes Nokie, BlackNomad, Uber liked this post
    That's all very well and good , but where's the photo's of the watch now !
    Will post as soon as Fed Ex gets me the package. I hate waiting too, but not an issue this time, as I have had to wait MUCH longer than this before.

More soon.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

7. Likes pepperami, Seriously liked this post
    Awesome Nokie! thx for sharing and keep us updated please...

How did I miss this thread????

Gosh - I am scared to death now!!!! Hope the bloody parcel shows up and you are as delighted as you can possibly be with a new acquisition.....

Thanks Mark for your incredibly kind words!!! It was an absolute pleasure to work with you, it takes some of the grubbiness off buying & selling when the transaction is so utterly professional and amicable.

Name:  nookie.JPG
Views: 94
Size:  55.3 KB

Name:  cd.JPG
Views: 98
Size:  56.5 KB
    Last edited by Uber; Jul 22, 2015 at 02:30 PM.

I'm liking this forum more and more ...
    Updated after some divestment:

Glashütte Original Senator Hand Date (GONE) | Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow (GONE - turns out I don’t much care for chronographs) | Omega Seamaster 300 GMT "Great White" | Rolex Datejust 16013 | Ulysse Nardin 14K chronometre (c. 1960s) | Marathon TSAR | Meistersinger Metris | Apple Watch

12. Likes meijlinder, RBrylawski liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by dbakiva View Post
    I'm liking this forum more and more ...
    Glad you are Steve! This is such a warm, welcoming and friendly place that I no longer will visit the other island.
    B&M Capeland Flyback/Muhle Glashutte 29er Big/Grand Seiko SBGR083/JeanRichard Aquascope/UTS 1000m V2/Ebel 1911 BTR Cal137/Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso/Lew & Huey Acionna

14. Likes dbakiva liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by RBrylawski View Post
    Glad you are Steve! This is such a warm, welcoming and friendly place that I no longer will visit the other island.
    Yes it am.
    Updated after some divestment:

Glashütte Original Senator Hand Date (GONE) | Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow (GONE - turns out I don’t much care for chronographs) | Omega Seamaster 300 GMT "Great White" | Rolex Datejust 16013 | Ulysse Nardin 14K chronometre (c. 1960s) | Marathon TSAR | Meistersinger Metris | Apple Watch

16. Likes RBrylawski liked this post