Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any dream interpreters? I've been having some strange ones.

Blog Entries

Any dream interpreters? I've been having some strange ones.

So, the first instance of this was a couple of years back. I was invited to a masquerade ball, which is a kind of party I've always wanted to go to. So I pit on a nice suit and drove to the location on the mysterious invitation. When I got there, I noticed it was a farm. That's when I noticed that all the people dancing in their tuxedos and ball gowns weren't just wearing pig masks, they were actually pigs; anthropomorphized, yes, but pigs walking on hind legs and dancing much better than I could. Then I noticed that there was no main course. And it dawned on me--I was to be the main course. Needless to say, I had a frightful escape from the farm and when I finally awoke from the dream, I took a shower and got dressed. It was so disturbing that I refused to go back asleep for fear it would pick up where I left it, despite the fact it was 3AM.

For a while, that was that. Then a week or two ago, I had a dream about human cannibals who were trying to kill and eat me. Maybe I wrote it off as being Walking Dead related, as it wasn't that vivid of a dream.

But the pattern continued. A week ago, I had a dream where a fair number of my fellow law school students were hell bent on attacking and killing me. I can't recall why or for what purpose, but I don't think it was to eat me. It was a bloody affair, for sure.

And last night, I had a very vivid dream. I was at a park with a girl. At the time, I recognize the girl, but can't remember who she was now. We were going to get burgers from a cool new restaurant in the park. this wasn't a park I recognized. I found the restaurant (at this point the girl disappeared, story of my life); it was a giant food truck themed burger joint with a full bar, and I sat down and ordered a burger. Mushrooms, bacon, and Swiss cheese. Classic.

An Asian man sat down next to me. In the dream I recognized him. He was the owner of my favorite Chinese restaurant. We got to talking and everything seemed fine. Then he got a phone call. He hung up the phone and told me that his wife had just died. I profusely apologized and gave sincere condolences, and after a bit, he got very upset. He said "My wife just died and you don't even buy me a drink?" So I ordered him a whiskey, but the bartender kept dropping the bottle or the glass, and each time it happened, the Asian guy got more and more angry, until he came at me with a knife. I was able to fight him off initially and make a run for it, but when I got to where I had parked my car, I found that not only was my car not there, the whole parking lot was gone. There was a stream, a building, and a playground there instead. With the Asian fellow stalking nearby, I made a run for the building, but all the doors were locked. I didn't know where the park was in relation to anything else and I didn't know my way around the park because the layout kept changing. I was dead for sure.

Thought I'd share that little slice of horror. Anyone want to hazard a guess? In the meantime, I think I'll just listen to "Fear of Sleep" by the Strokes on repeat and never close my eyes again.

Have you considered going to a therapist?

I had a dream about the ghost of Kelly brook (weird, as she's alive) in my bedroom, in a nighty. We're having a conversation about call of duty, then the Ghostbusters jump in and killed her by shooting ectoplasm everywhere. Weirdly this may actually have been a real even though as when I woke up there was ectoplasm all over my pyjamas bottoms.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    I had a dream about the ghost of Kelly brook (weird, as she's alive) in my bedroom, in a nighty. We're having a conversation about call of duty, then the Ghostbusters jump in and killed her by shooting ectoplasm everywhere. Weirdly this may actually have been a real even though as when I woke up there was ectoplasm all over my pyjamas bottoms.
    I think we've all been there

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    Have you considered going to a therapist?
    Not in years.

7. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    My, my my; was it as good for her as it was for you?

John
    If you come to a fork in the road; take it, and then put it down so someone else can use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    So, the first instance of this was a couple of years back. I was invited to a masquerade ball, which is a kind of party I've always wanted to go to. So I pit on a nice suit and drove to the location on the mysterious invitation. When I got there, I noticed it was a farm. That's when I noticed that all the people dancing in their tuxedos and ball gowns weren't just wearing pig masks, they were actually pigs; anthropomorphized, yes, but pigs walking on hind legs and dancing much better than I could. Then I noticed that there was no main course. And it dawned on me--I was to be the main course. Needless to say, I had a frightful escape from the farm and when I finally awoke from the dream, I took a shower and got dressed. It was so disturbing that I refused to go back asleep for fear it would pick up where I left it, despite the fact it was 3AM.

For a while, that was that. Then a week or two ago, I had a dream about human cannibals who were trying to kill and eat me. Maybe I wrote it off as being Walking Dead related, as it wasn't that vivid of a dream.

But the pattern continued. A week ago, I had a dream where a fair number of my fellow law school students were hell bent on attacking and killing me. I can't recall why or for what purpose, but I don't think it was to eat me. It was a bloody affair, for sure.

And last night, I had a very vivid dream. I was at a park with a girl. At the time, I recognize the girl, but can't remember who she was now. We were going to get burgers from a cool new restaurant in the park. this wasn't a park I recognized. I found the restaurant (at this point the girl disappeared, story of my life); it was a giant food truck themed burger joint with a full bar, and I sat down and ordered a burger. Mushrooms, bacon, and Swiss cheese. Classic.

An Asian man sat down next to me. In the dream I recognized him. He was the owner of my favorite Chinese restaurant. We got to talking and everything seemed fine. Then he got a phone call. He hung up the phone and told me that his wife had just died. I profusely apologized and gave sincere condolences, and after a bit, he got very upset. He said "My wife just died and you don't even buy me a drink?" So I ordered him a whiskey, but the bartender kept dropping the bottle or the glass, and each time it happened, the Asian guy got more and more angry, until he came at me with a knife. I was able to fight him off initially and make a run for it, but when I got to where I had parked my car, I found that not only was my car not there, the whole parking lot was gone. There was a stream, a building, and a playground there instead. With the Asian fellow stalking nearby, I made a run for the building, but all the doors were locked. I didn't know where the park was in relation to anything else and I didn't know my way around the park because the layout kept changing. I was dead for sure.

Thought I'd share that little slice of horror. Anyone want to hazard a guess? In the meantime, I think I'll just listen to "Fear of Sleep" by the Strokes on repeat and never close my eyes again.
    I'm no psychiatrist; but I suggest giving up sweet and sour pork.

John
    If you come to a fork in the road; take it, and then put it down so someone else can use it.

10. Likes Jeannie, Preston liked this post
    Haha

Blog Entries
    Name:  20141119_191048.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  43.0 KB
    Freud would most likely say Sex. I say some sort of anxiety.

13. Likes is that my watch liked this post