Likes Likes:  22
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any dream interpreters? I've been having some strange ones.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Statius View Post
    What's your 'just before bedtime' ritual? If you don't already, I would suggest cease all work, tv, and computer activity (and eating and drinking) at least an hour or two before you go to sleep (which you should, for a while, try to make around 10pm, 11 at latest). For that hour or two before sleep, try reading something relaxing and fun, listening to good, soothing music (Sigur Ros? Classical (I like Air by Aaron Jay Kernis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_z4WX3LpQo)). I.E.: totally try to chill out for an hour before you head to slumber land. Just the opinion of an uneducated fool, but I bet it would go a long way to helping.
    Hm...

I don't know if I have a pre-bed ritual. Last night, I worked until 10:30, then went to bed. The night before, I took it easy, finished work by 8, watched TV with my roommates, then came up to bed.

I also run a TV show or movie on my laptop in my sleep, otherwise I can't fall asleep. It's usually something fairly neutral that I've seen many, many times before. Lately it's been Futurama, but it's also been other shows, like The A-Team, Airwolf, The Good Guys, Psych, et al. Something I've seen dozens of times. It's a bit weird, but that's the only thing that's worked for me for the last 10 years or so. Before that, it was music, but I find music harder to focus on, since there's no set start and stop points for me to zero in on and drift away.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    A long hot bath before bedtime is supposed to relax you and help you sleep more restfully.

Jeannie
    That sounds like something that would be true, but who has the time? Also, I'm a cold sleeper, so I feel like while I'd be relaxed, I wouldn't be able to fall asleep because my body would be too hot.

Blog Entries
    My pre-bedtime ritual is a pipe, tv, and a cat.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    never had one myself ......... a heart attack , not a bath!!!!
    Glad you clarified. I was slowly backing away from the computer.

Jeannie

Blog Entries
    Had a weird one last night after a solid 11:30 to 4:30 slumber. Can't remember it, though, so it couldn't have been that bad.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Had a weird one last night after a solid 11:30 to 4:30 slumber. Can't remember it, though, so it couldn't have been that bad.
    Perhaps you'd benefit from a low dose of melatonin? I have personally had good results. But take my watch forum advice with a grain... I'm not a doctor (obviously, I'd have nicer watches)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    Perhaps you'd benefit from a low dose of melatonin? I have personally had good results. But take my watch forum advice with a grain... I'm not a doctor (obviously, I'd have nicer watches)
    Melatonin gives me even crazier dreams. Last night's deep slumber was enhanced by Xanax taken in the late afternoon due to some upsetting news is gotten that day.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Melatonin gives me even crazier dreams. Last night's deep slumber was enhanced by Xanax taken in the late afternoon due to some upsetting news is gotten that day.
    I am sorry sir. I am familiar with poor sleep. How about benadryl?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    I am sorry sir. I am familiar with poor sleep. How about benadryl?
    One makes me hyper, two make me loopy. Like, better than those cookies I got in Amsterdam loopy. Benadryl is awesome in that way, but not something I think I'd use as a sleep aid.

I'm okay on light sleep. I'm good to burn it at both ends for a while, continually run on a half asleep/half awake existence; just long enough to have lived an entire life and die happy and successful.

I don't know how you survive Raza. I have 8 hours solid sleep straight through every single night and still feel a bit sleepy sometimes.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague