Likes Likes:  39
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should I? GP Laureato

Yes, and that is silly question.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

2. Likes rodia77, wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    I thought about this ML Aikon - it's quirky enough for me, mostly brushed, comes in a 39MM version and the bracelet contours more like the VC than the GP.

Very inexpensive by comparison and looks well done - maybe balking a bit on the shiny bezel bits, but a friend that has one said it's his favorite watch out of all of them and he has tons of Rolex, Omega and even a couple of Pateks. He said it hugs his wrist like no other watch he has and would likely be the last one he gave up - that's really saying something for a watch around 2K, I guess.

Attachment 100311
    I tried that on and I found it very shiny, defo handle it in person before you make a move on it.

As for the Laureato, at some point it became more attractive to me than APRO, somehow less pretentious, I think. But I've never seen one in person.

4. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Get a Rolex Explorer or Oyster Perpetual 39. I tried on the GP at Royal Jewelers and it was just okay in my opinion.
    Last edited by Cybotron; Aug 12, 2020 at 12:53 PM.
    Cheers,

Richard

6. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post
    Get a Rolex Explorer or Oyster Perpetual 39. I tried on the GP at Royal Jewelers and it was just okay in my opinion.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/rolex-o...ual-39-114300/

8. Likes Cybotron, gnuyork, wschofield3 liked this post
    That's actually my plan, a bit more realistic... still deciding between the 36 or 39 though. I've trie both on, but it was so far apart in time I have forgotten how the 39 looks and feels on the wrist. And now they are hard to come by.

10. Likes Cybotron, wschofield3, hayday liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    I like this interpretation of Gerald Genta's influence. I spent a few minutes trying to find the name of the "Milanese architect"...

Adolfo Natalini.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Adolfo Natalini.
    Thank you!
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

13. Likes tribe125, wschofield3 liked this post
    Don't let the fact that the Explorer is a perfect watch distract you. You should resolve things by getting both.

I really like the look of the Lareato and I think you should try it on a get it if you think it's a good fit. It's a great looking watch and, on paper, will do what you want it to do. But, if you're looking for a GADA watch, it will be difficult to beat the Explorer.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

15. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    That's actually my plan, a bit more realistic... still deciding between the 36 or 39 though. I've trie both on, but it was so far apart in time I have forgotten how the 39 looks and feels on the wrist. And now they are hard to come by.
    You want the 39mm. You're welcome.

17. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Well now, thanks to this thread I have spent part of the morning browsing APRO (and contemplating if it's realistic) which I have previously conveniently put out of my mind for a while. Thanks Walter.
    I've went to the AP AD about two dozen times to buy a RO, but every time I see it on the wrist it is it's own kryptonite. Takes less than a minute. For me it does not work in person and just looks like a mess. I would only like it if I could paste the picture on my wrist and that would tell time.

I've not tried on the GP, but I find it attractive. Not a watch I need in my collection though. I think you need to go back to a Rolex Walter.
    Last edited by Samanator; Aug 13, 2020 at 02:25 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

19. Likes wschofield3 liked this post