Likes Likes:  54
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cape Code Cloths....should of got these things a long time ago!

Hybrid View

Cape Code Cloths....should of got these things a long time ago!

Man, I wish I got these cloths a while ago. Nearly 3 years of pools,, long outdoor hikes, beach time and shallow water dives, traveling through several different countries around the world with my Explorer 2 seeing some amazing structures man made and natural... it stood up the test of time. I always loved it but these things have left some battle scares. Nothing bad as I always cared for one of my prize pieces and I always thought it looked good but forgot how good it looked the day it came home with me. Finally decided to pick up a cape cod cloth kit. Man, I'm in love with my Ex2 all over again! Almost forgot how amazing Rolex did on the finishing and details of the casework and bracelet. The high polished and brushed areas done to near perfection. After about 15 minutes of cleaning then polishing the case, ,bracelet, bezel and polished sides I think it looks better then the day I purchased it from the AD. Really rekindled my love! I'm not a polishing nut nor am I one for cleaning my watches constantly but it sure is a treat to see this beauty in pristine condition after 3 years. It seemed to get rid of 95% of the scratches I had accumulated over the last few years and I'm very impressed with this product.
    Hope you enjoy results of the pics!

Name:  IMG_2493.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  60.6 KBName:  IMG_2494.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  58.1 KBName:  IMG_2495.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  51.2 KBName:  IMG_2496.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  61.7 KBName:  IMG_2497.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  58.1 KBName:  IMG_2498.jpg
Size:  64.9 KBName:  IMG_2499.jpg
Size:  47.7 KBName:  IMG_2500.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  45.1 KBName:  IMG_2502.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  42.4 KBName:  IMG_2503.jpg
Size:  46.1 KB

It is amazing how well they work, and they don't soften the edges of the watch either.

Make sure you read the fine print on the packet though....

"Not for use on Grand Seiko"

4. Likes -JP, RBrylawski, synequano, Nokie liked this post
    Agree Domo, I should of read the warning. I actually used it already on my SBGH001. I tried to capture the level of polishing and finishing of the sides of the case but this is the best pic I could get...

Name:  BrightLight-1.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  15.9 KB

I've read that you should not use them on brushed surfaces, only polished...is that correct?

7. Likes -JP liked this post
    I used it on the bracelet and clasp which are brushed and it came out fine. I did however rub lighter on the brushed surfaces just to be careful. The clasp, like many others will attest, seem to be a scratch n scuff magnet and my clasp was no exception. It did just a good a job on the brushed areas as the polished. The effect of the polished areas become more mirror finished and show off the finishing to the fullness of the case work. It also compliments the brushed work as well by showing more in detail the brush lines of the steel. In a way, its sort of an enhancer to what is already there.

9. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Good to know, thank you JP!

11. Likes -JP liked this post
    Looks beautiful.
    They really do work as advertised.

13. Likes -JP liked this post
    Great work...looks beautiful!
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

15. Likes -JP liked this post
    I'm not completely convinced by Cape Cod cloths myself as they seem to be a bit too extreme. You have to be so careful that you don't overdo it and ruin a brushed area. Personally I prefer steel polish such as Ako and use cotton buds to all areas with varying degrees of pressure applied.
    EDIT: All that being said, you have achieved excellent results. Well done.
    Last edited by scottjc; Jul 24, 2015 at 05:42 AM.
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

17. Likes Der Amf, -JP liked this post