Likes Likes:  49
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The best Gig you've been to?

The best Gig you've been to?

Missus and daughter just left to go see Ed Sheeran and I'm so glad I wasn't dragged to that one!

I've been to many gigs throughout my life and sitting here thinking which was the most entertaining?

I've seen U2, Simple Minds, Stone Roses, Rolling Stones, Roger Waters, many like this, massive acts, filling stadia right down to intimate small gigs with guys like Ray LaMontainge (a must see) and Teddy Thompson.

Went to see Lenny Cohen in Sligo, WB Yates country and seems Lenny is a fan! That was a particulary special one as I figured I'd never get to see him.

I've seen virtually all the indie/Brit pop acts, including an Oasis gig when liam decided he wasn't coming

Shirley Manson with Garbage was a great show as was a Roxy Music revival tour. Of course I've seen one of the many Eagles farewell shows and enjoyed them, particularly Joe Walsh :-)

The best ever, was 'Pulp', I actually attended to see the back up band - Cast but my oh my Jarvis Cocker rose the roof of the auditorium and it was an unforgettable experience!

Please share some of your gig history and some suprises you've had along the way and if you can, tell us who was best..?

2. Likes Raza, Ryan liked this post
    Blog Entries
    So many great ones.

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club at Webster Hall. Arctic Monkeys at Terminal 5. Cold War Kids at Terminal 5 (before they sold out). St. Vincent, Aesop Rock, Warpaint, all at Union Transfer in Philadelphia (three different concerts). Atmosphere at the Trocadero. Soundgarden at the Borgata in Atlantic City.

I love small venue shows. I've seen Tool at some big venues, and they were still great, but it's harder to get into the show. I've done the outdoor festival, and it just made me feel dirty and tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    So many great ones.

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club at Webster Hall. Arctic Monkeys at Terminal 5. Cold War Kids at Terminal 5 (before they sold out). St. Vincent, Aesop Rock, Warpaint, all at Union Transfer in Philadelphia (three different concerts). Atmosphere at the Trocadero. Soundgarden at the Borgata in Atlantic City.

I love small venue shows. I've seen Tool at some big venues, and they were still great, but it's harder to get into the show. I've done the outdoor festival, and it just made me feel dirty and tired.
    I'd say the Artic Monkeys were pretty wild?

The Pogues, supported by The Specials. Also joining the band were Kirsty MacColl and Joe Strummer. Town and Country Club, St Patrick's Day in late 80's. The whole gig - well the Pogues bit is still on youtube in 4 segments.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

6. Likes 93EXCivic, meijlinder, OhDark30, I-B liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    The Pogues, supported by The Specials. Also joining the band were Kirsty MacColl and Joe Strummer. Town and Country Club, St Patrick's Day in late 80's. The whole gig - well the Pogues bit is still on youtube in 4 segments.
    Wow that's some line up..!!

I only got to see Shane a couple of years ago..he was a guest at a Stone Roses gig, along with guys from the Farm and John Power from Cast etc..Shane just came and threw beer around

#2 gig would be Wembley Stadium - Queen. Status Quo, The Alarm and an unknown band called INXS as bottom of the bill.

I realize there are a lot of dead people in these 2 posts !

9. Likes Ryan, Raza, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Dropkick Murphy's with Skinny Lister and Lucero opening at a little venue called Iron City in Birmingham AL. Ended up all the way in the front by the time Dropkick Murphys came on.
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Man that sounds like a hell of a gig.
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

Brian Wilson. Here in Edmonton. He still has it. Not talkative on stage. But, looking back 50 years from now, having seen him live - playing his songs. It'll be a memory to cherish. And he still has his voice. Can't hit the falsettos like he used to, of course, but he still pulled it all together tightly. Very enjoyable.

13. Likes pepperami liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    Man that sounds like a hell of a gig.