Likes Likes:  235
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm So OCD About My Watches, That I............

I'm So OCD About My Watches, That I............

Many of you know I'm pretty OCD about keeping my watches pristine. I thought it would be interesting to see to what lengths others go with their watches. So, I'll start:

I'm So OCD About My Watches, That I..........Always move my watch arm behind me, when walking through a doorway.

Let's see what you do........
    B&M Capeland Flyback/Muhle Glashutte 29er Big/Grand Seiko SBGR083/JeanRichard Aquascope/UTS 1000m V2/Ebel 1911 BTR Cal137/Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso/Lew & Huey Acionna

2. Likes popoki nui, tempocalypse liked this post
    I even got a timegrapher, to help me keep their health in check (and there's a demagnetizer coming)

4. Likes RBrylawski, JAGtime, popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    I even got a timegrapher, to help me keep their health in check (and there's a demagnetizer coming)
    I knew I could count on you C! Yes I did!!
    B&M Capeland Flyback/Muhle Glashutte 29er Big/Grand Seiko SBGR083/JeanRichard Aquascope/UTS 1000m V2/Ebel 1911 BTR Cal137/Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso/Lew & Huey Acionna

6. Likes CFR, Seriously liked this post
    The other way for me: Got a demagnetizer, just trying to justify the expense of a timegrapher..... The android phone app versions are useless
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

8. Likes JAGtime, RBrylawski liked this post
    I have a demagnetizer but no timegrapher yet. Been using Kello app on my ipad and is ok for what it is. I try to wear each of my pieces with some regularity so they don't sit too long. My opinion has always been that anything mechanical needs to be used to keep it in good working condition.

I have all sorts of watch tools up to and including crystal presses so can do most everything needed except service right from my home office.

10. Likes Seriously, RBrylawski, popoki nui liked this post
    I very carefully put it somewhere safe when I'm doing anything more energetic than 'pottering about' (and I hate that phrase !, cos I don't potter)

Any rough job , I remove it and place it safely somewhere.

I sometimes have to work closely with quite strong magnets and I'm always aware I must take it off ... or at least I become aware as soon I start ... so then I stop and remove.

I'm a slave to looking after the watch on my wrist most times..... I wish I could just wear it and forget it , but then I clonk it pretty quickly and realise I was lucky that time.

I wouldn't say it's OCDish, just being careful with my watches that cost me a pretty penny.
    Last edited by Seriously; Jul 24, 2015 at 10:31 PM.

12. Likes RBrylawski liked this post
    I bashed a dent in the bezel of my blackbay and I even had a thought about not changing the bezel come service time.
    Perhaps my watch needs to stay my watch ?!
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

14. Likes RBrylawski, OhDark30 liked this post
    I still keep some of the protective plastic on the claps and case back to avoid scratches.

I look like a geek, but my watches are clean.....!
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

16. Likes RBrylawski, popoki nui, bu11itt liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    I bashed a dent in the bezel of my blackbay
    !
    But you're a dentist!

18. Likes RBrylawski, JAGtime, gnuyork liked this post
    But you're a dentist!
    Yeah , he'd put the watch to one side during a particularly messy drilling session (water and filling fragments EVERYwhere, because he didn't have his glamorous assistant on the suction that day! ), then dropped aforementioned drill on it !